General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JameSpal
Competent
Competent

Post by JameSpal »

When I hyperspace, I get a message on my screen that says:

Status: YES Delay: SLOW_BURN jumps: X (is how many hyperspace jumps I've made since it started.

What does it mean? Is there a way to get rid of it?
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

It's part of Random Hits. It means you've completed a contract, and the friends / family / associates of the victim are seeking you out for revenge. It'll eventually say "Revenge Ships added at XXXX:xxxx" or something like that. I think the messages are intended for the system log, but get accidentally sent to the player.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Well, it's from a WIP-version of Random Hits. And the messages simply are debugging tools for its creator, LittleBear. You were told so in the OXP's thread here on the board, together with the download link.

If you don't want to use this unfinished version, don't. Just revert to the latest 'official' version.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

It's my own debugging code that will be removed for V1.4, really just so that players know that a revenge strike is imminante and can bug report if they don't get jumped. The final version will have about 5 random events that can happen to bounty hunters if they proceed down certain paths (some of the code for this is already in but not activated) in addition to the BB missions. I'm pretty sure now (since there've been no bug reports on this one) that it works as its meant to. The chance of a revenge strike is set to 100% ATM, also for testing. Thargoids also have a 100% chance of attacking bars for testing. I'll take this out for the next version, but you will need to use the latest beta if you want to play Random Hits as earlier versions won't work properly on 1.72.1 or 1.72.2 of Oolite.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.