Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Replacing Constores with Griff Trade outposts@Griff and Doc

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Ark wrote:
Obviously my count is not off
I didn’t mean your count, I meant… oh, never mind.
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Excellent 20/20 vision there Ark, i never noticed that odd line above the robot before, i think it was caused by me painting pixels right to the edge of the frame, i should have left a blank 1 pixel border - here's the fixed image

@DH
you're right, the drinking spaceman is an odd size, it's caused by me thinking that as long as the individual frames were a power of 2 size i could stack as many of them as i wanted above each other and end up with a final image size that was also a power of 2, what a dipstick! it seemed to work out OK in the end though, even if each frame works out at something like 204.8 pixels high :?
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Well done Griff!!! the line is gone :D
What about Pangloss glowad set. Do you think that we must fix them?

In order to finish the first 4 sets i still need 1 more roof billborad

and since i am still able to enter the forum (i am wondering why?) here is the first image of a Sainsboory's (for the upgoming set E)

Hey!!! what is that, get out of the way you nasty creature :x Captain hesperus!!!!!! I suppose you know nothing about this :evil:

In order to finish that i need:

1 roof billboard (something with a pacman would be great!!)
1 set of glow ads
1 1x1 ad (i have tried Disembodied's Happy frog but oolite rejets it, something with it size says the log - do not remember the message)

Also I have not decided yet about the colors of the station. I want the colors to be as close as possible with the brand name ad but that way there are almost the same with the Pi-42 color
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

'No discussion will be entered into after purchase.' Read paragraph 99, sub-paragraph 1002, line 300 of the sale docket.

Make sure you use a high magnification microscope.....

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

@Ark - Hoorah! The CPS will be very pleased! - Griff's Pacman ad-ring looks great - I notice none of the glowads are glowing :? Is this an effect of the simple shader?

What are your plans for the station colours? From memory Tescoo/Red, Mallwart/Blue, Star/Green are all fine and we have Sainsboory's/Orange - also fine! Alternatively you could make Tescoo - white and then you could make the pi-42 red (same as one of the colours in the logo at least) - let me guess you can't do white can you - the old colour ring thing... hmmmm.... :?
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

:sigh: Another disgruntled spacer wanting to carve his dissatisfaction into your fur with a mil laser. Hesperus, when will you learn? Oy, my work cleaning up after you is never done...

Ark, I'll take the beastie off your hands, free of charge. I have BBQ sauce and I'm feeling hungry.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
Deadly
Deadly

Post by 0235 »

i canot wait for this to come out, it looks amazing, but will it run on 1.65 is the question, or will i have to update my PC? but it will be worth it if i have to update it.
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

Post by Tivva »

0235 wrote:
i canot wait for this to come out, it looks amazing, but will it run on 1.65 is the question, or will i have to update my PC? but it will be worth it if i have to update it.
Not on 1.65, not even on 1.72... You need to upgrade to 1.72.2 :wink:
You'll find the latest test release on Berlios, took me a few minutes to find it.

Question for the Mods-Why isn't there a link to the latest Oolite test release on the Wiki page?
Deadly
Deadly

Post by 0235 »

wow, im going to ned to get some serious upgrading done then
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
- I notice none of the glowads are glowing :? Is this an effect of the simple shader?
Probably because I took the screenshot from the dark side of the station. No light. At office now can not check it. No internet at home :x
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Ark wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:
- I notice none of the glowads are glowing :? Is this an effect of the simple shader?
Probably because I took the screenshot from the dark side of the station. No light. At office now can not check it. No internet at home :x
I don't think that's it, it looks like we're seeing the default set of ads and no glow effects so there's probably an error somewhere in one of the glow_ads shipdata.plist entries, is there anything in the log?
there could be a mistake in one of the texture file names in the 'materials' or 'shaders' parts or possibley there's a } or a }; too many or something.
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

@Ark - would be nice to get Disembodied's Happy Frog working - it's a splendid ad - what does the log actually say about it (I know you can't check at work).

Re glow-ads isn't the point of them that they glow? And hence self illuminate and hence their intensity is not affected by the light of the system sun. Thus implying that either something has gone wrong with this particular model or it is a shader issue (or both).
Selezen wrote:
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

I'm not at my proper PC at the moment so i've done this using 'Gimp', i'm not too familiar with it but i think this will be OK:
Disembodied's glup n blow in a shader compatible format, first, the 4 frame animation version for use with shaders:

Second, the no shader version:
Last edited by Griff on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Griff wrote:
I'm not at my proper PC at the moment so i've done this using 'Gimp', i'm not too familiar with it but i think this will be OK:
Disembodied's glup n blow in a shader compatible format
And yet I, who uses only GIMP, have failed to produce anything even as vaguely as good! My hat off to you Griff.
Selezen wrote:
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

man, i wouldn't say that, i've just noticed the animation version of gulp n' blow is completely the wrong size, 800 pixels by 200 - how on earth did i manage to do that!?
Edit: fixed the image - it wasn't me - photobucket had a default option to rescale images to a max size of 800x600
Last edited by Griff on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.