Replacing Constores with Griff Trade outposts@Griff and Doc

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

It's a gift :wink:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Stop hogging the board space....
Or: Who's your daddy now?
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

:lol:

A bit ham-fisted on occasion. :wink:
Selezen wrote:
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

I don't even like ham!
(bit ham)
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Pangloss wrote:
Sod the alien, it was too complicated.

Have a dancing chicken instead.

It looks great as it is! but can I have the png so I can actually test it on the station and see it live please. To create something nice is a deferent thing than to create something nice that actually fits to the roof of a space station so I want to see it live. The png please :D

(It reminds me the astrochicken from space quest series)

@pangloss: something is in your PM box for 2 days now, waiting for you!! :wink:
DaddyHoggy

Performance of new Constores

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Performance of the new Griff based constore WIP for YAW:

System: Athlon XP 2800+ (2250MHz), 333MHz FSB, 1GB Dual Channel DDR333, 128MB FX5900XT, Ubuntu 7.10, Oolite 1.72.2, running full screen: 1024x768, shaders set to full

Game FPS is a steady (capped?) 50fps.

With an all singing all dancing Constore when it completely fills my FOV (side on so you can see the ads) then performance drops to 21fps.

However, station looks utterly gorgeous - and if it wasn't for the fact that I can't save there - the constores would be my station of choice to trade with!

Use this info to gauge the impact on your own system relative to mine.

HTH

DH
Selezen wrote:
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Intel Core duo 2.4
2GBs of Ram 800Mz
Nvidia 9600GT 512MB of RAM
Win XP SP3

oolite in full screen 1680 X 1050 Shaders in simple mode
In all cases I have an average of 55 to 60 fps no matter how close I am to the station

Griff has an even better video card from me so i do not think he either has any perfomance problems
Try it with shaders in simple mode. I am curious about this
Pangloss
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pangloss »

Here's the cockerel in PNG form...

"All is for the best in this best of all possible worlds..."
Dr.Pangloss, Voltaire's 'Candide'.

Pangloss
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pangloss »

I'd love to take screenshots to tease the hell out of everyone before this WIP goes live... but all I can see are Boxy Stores...

Is it HAL's sister messing things up? I have tried Shift-pressing half a dozen times, it makes no difference.

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Attempt to rename your new oxp to ZZZZZ Whateveritsnameis.oxp and have a look if that changes anything.

If one of the oxps before in line, including RS, interferes, the interference should be gone and then the culprit can be searched for and found in the other oxps.

Cheers

L
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Remove ALL the sets (YOUR_AD_HERE_set_A.oxp, YOUR_AD_HERE_set_B.oxp... ect ALL of them) and the basic oxp (YOUR_AD_HERE.oxp) then install the wip and start oolite by pressing the shift key.
I have no idea if the realistic shipyards have code from the shipdata.plist of the original version of Your_AD_HERE oxp but if this is the case remove the realistic shipyards oxp also. Please ignore Lastrate recomentation
Pangloss
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pangloss »

Ark wrote:
Remove ALL the sets (YOUR_AD_HERE_set_A.oxp, YOUR_AD_HERE_set_B.oxp... ect ALL of them) and the basic oxp (YOUR_AD_HERE.oxp) then install the wip and start oolite by pressing the shift key.
I have no idea if the realistic shipyards have code from the shipdata.plist of the original version of Your_AD_HERE oxp but if this is the case remove the realistic shipyards oxp also. Please ignore Lastrate recomentation
I took EVERYTHING out of the AddOns.

I restarted, to make sure everything was back to standard. I even started with Shift at this stage too.

then I Quit the game, moved it all back to the AddOns folder, and restarted... and the Stores still look like boxes with "Hourly Auctions" on the back wall.

I took out Halsis, restarted a couple of times with Shift, even left the galaxy and went to a Level 12 Rich Corporate world in Galaxy 2 (Vezaaes)... no change. That was the most recent OXP I installed, and I could see the Griff Stores beforehand, so I thought that was it. Apparently not.

The problem with removing Realistic Shipyards... I'm flying a Morrigan. I even changed the paint to a nice soothing shade of blue. Opening a saved game without it won't work. Guess I'll have to get to Tionisla from Lave brand new to check it out...

EDIT - nope. removed the Shipyard, started with the plain old Cobra III, flew to Zaonce and then to Tionisla, the store is still just a box.

HELP!!
Last edited by Pangloss on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

@Pangloss - worked for me! (Hence my fps stats!) - I'm running Linux and Ark is running Windows - so is it a Mac issue?
Selezen wrote:
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Just had a thought - when I first installed the OXP I left in Sets E and F of the original and guess what - just boxy constores - So if you haven't already - you need Ark's new YAH basic and then his new sets A to D ONLY (nothing from the old set) - if this still doesn't work - sorry - can't help!
Selezen wrote:
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Just had a thought - when I first installed the OXP I left in Sets E and F of the original and guess what - just boxy constores - So if you haven't already - you need Ark's new YAH basic and then his new sets A to D ONLY (nothing from the old set) - if this still doesn't work - sorry - can't help!
You are talking about the WiP you people are developing, not something already developed and downloadable, right?

If you need a playtester (Windows Vista OS) for those constores here's someone who can't wait to get his grubby paws on them :twisted:

Sorry to hear it was not another oxp that caused the problem - that would have been easy to fix.