Question about Local Hero

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

HueijRevisited
Dangerous
Dangerous

Question about Local Hero

Post by HueijRevisited »

I have met this guy from Galcop who told me to go to the System Data Screen (F7, according to the FAQ) and wait several seconds. So I wait (and wait) but nothing happens. Just the ordinary system info.

i looked at the error log and noticed that most of it was a repeated

Code: Select all

[script.javaScript.warning.206]: ----- JavaScript warning: player.dockedStation is deprecated, use player.ship.dockedStation instead.
[script.javaScript.exception.22]: ***** JavaScript exception: TypeError: player.call is not a function
Anyone have an idea?
Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
And notifying the next of kin
Once again...
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

its an out of date OXP...

You will have to wait for it to be updated.
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
HueijRevisited
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by HueijRevisited »

Frame wrote:
its an out of date OXP...

You will have to wait for it to be updated.
Oy. Sorry to hear that, I looked forward to playing it.

Thanks for your explanation.
Once again...
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Hello HueijRevisited,

Jupp, Frame is right. Currently Localhero is out of order, but it's on the way - 15 missions are already running again and now I can concentrate my work on LH again.

A complete new story, new weapons, new ships, new special equipment, new images, new music (extra musicpack), new voices and loads of other new features (like the guidance system, improved AIs, updater) are already implemented to make it a real campaign. But some artwork (background images, textures), some handling for later missions and texts are still missing. So it will take some time to complete it, but hopefully within the next month I can finish it - and then I'll need some playtesters .-)

For players who have already played some (or even all) missions - forget what you know about it. The coming version has nothing to do with the released version. It's harder, without beeing a overkill and there are many different missions with different goals.
HueijRevisited
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by HueijRevisited »

Svengali, I'm glad to hear this. I never got to play the old version (had to start over after a HD crash) so I'm looking forward to it.

But wouldn't it be a good idea to mention this on the Wiki?
Once again...
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

The wiki's read-only at the moment whilst it's on Winston's home link. There are a lot of us who have things to update there once the proper data-centre set-up is back up and running...
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

HueijRevisited wrote:
But wouldn't it be a good idea to mention this on the Wiki?
Thargoid wrote:
The wiki's read-only at the moment whilst it's on Winston's home link. There are a lot of us who have things to update there once the proper data-centre set-up is back up and running...
Yupp, true... so true. We can only hope that it happens in the next time. In the meantime we have to train our patience. But it's also true that I've spent a little bit too much time with other things. Please excuse it .-)
zevans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm

Post by zevans »

Holy old thread, Batman. :-)

Since I mysteriously have access to the Wiki and I read in some other threads that Svengali is still making progress, does this edit sound about right? If so, I'll put it in!

DO you think it's wise to link to a forum thread too or will that just result in Svengali getting too many questions?

===Overview===
It's a multi-mission-pack and there is a ranking system, some special missions and a bonus system integrated.
Difficulty is easy for the first few missions, but it's getting harder if you succeed. You will need a well suited ship to accomplish all missions. So any extra equipment is welcome. And don't forget to use your weapon arsenal. You will need it.

'''Please note''' that this [[OXP]] will not run properly under Oolite v1.65 or the current 1.72.2 release, but a compatible version will be released Real Soon Now.

Version 1.05 is the latest JavaScript version and requires at least Oolite v1.71.x. Unfortunately this does not currently work with 1.72.2 or the "trunk" (cutting-edge development) oolite release but it is under active development and normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

Earlier versions:
v1.01 improved internal handling of variables.
v1.03.x is a development version and has some totally new features. Most of them you won't notice but internal handling of core features (reminder, screen clash proof, real voices, ...).
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Hello zevans.
zevans wrote:
Since I mysteriously have access to the Wiki and I read in some other threads that Svengali is still making progress, does this edit sound about right? If so, I'll put it in!
Yupp. I'm still developing this baby. But a) it's still far away from being complete b) it has nothing to do with the old 1.x version, so I'm going to v2.0 c) I won't release anything before v1.73 is there, even if it would be completed before and d) the feature list is a lot longer now .-)
zevans wrote:
DO you think it's wise to link to a forum thread too or will that just result in Svengali getting too many questions?
Adding a note doesn't hurt and will make it clear for users who have stumbled over the LH page. I've simply forgot to add this, so if you want to add something to any WIKI-pages -> go for it :-)

BTW: Before releasing I'll look for a test-team - it will be announced. The whole thing is now a bit bigger (the main-script >80KB), so it is for sure not a bad idea to correct the glitches before throwing it into the crowd :-) But. Anybody who wants to join then has to await a lot of work. It's not only fun to test things, it also means to repeat these test again and again to get a (as far as possible) error-free oxp.
zevans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm

Post by zevans »

Cool - I saw you added a note, I have expanded on it a bit!