Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Help me find the missions please!!!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

captaincol
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Help me find the missions please!!!

Post by captaincol »

Hey guys, im currently playing elite on the amiga 500 and cannot find the missions anywhere! im in galaxy two, have got 200000 points and have a dangerous rating what more do i need to do??

Thanks guys :)
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Not sure about that version, but in Classic BBC Elite there were only two missions one in G1 (need to be Competant) and one in G3 (need about 1,500 kills - top end of Dangerous). Oolite (as opposed to Elite) though is different with hundreds of missions as well as the Classic ones. Check the Elite Wiki at this link for info on both Classic Elite and Oolite :-

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Main_Page

Wiki is running a bit slow ATM as its on a mirror, but have a look around in the Classic Elite section.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
captaincol
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

missions

Post by captaincol »

Thanks, im really hung up on finding the missions in the original at the moment. i was hoping there must be a original elite enthusiast on here that could help me though.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Not sure but may be similar to the ArcElite (Classic) version as I think the Amega was a port of ArcElite. So looking under ArcElite on the Elite Wiki may give some clues.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

LittleBear wrote:
Not sure about that version, but in Classic BBC Elite there were only two missions one in G1 (need to be Competant) and one in G3 (need about 1,500 kills - top end of Dangerous). Oolite (as opposed to Elite) though is different with hundreds of missions as well as the Classic ones.
I bet the Amiga version is similar to the Atari ST one. That has more missions in, but I don't know the triggers.

I really recommend playing oolite instead. It has all those missions plus so many more that it's really more fun! I could not imagine playing Elite again, although I do have a working Atari and the original disc should still be intact.

Screet
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Help me find the missions please!!!

Post by Gimi »

captaincol wrote:
Hey guys, im currently playing elite on the amiga 500 and cannot find the missions anywhere! im in galaxy two, have got 200000 points and have a dangerous rating what more do i need to do??

Thanks guys :)
If I remember correctly, most versions of Elite require you to be in Galaxy one for the first mission, and that mission will take you to galaxy 2. (Trumbles not included)

Gimi
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

There may be more informations to find in the Elite Wiki.