Bug-squash progress

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Bug-squash progress

Post by Lestradae »

I'm making progress with the OSE Beta.

The memory-related freezeovers seem to be a thing of the past - back to completely fluid gameplay without a stutter with the full WiP in. But.

There seem to be a few other crash-causes going on that don't have to do with OSE. I often get a crash when docking or launching and this line is then usually last in my error log:
[script.javaScript.warning.206]: ----- JavaScript warning: player.dockedStation is deprecated, use player.ship.dockedStation instead.
Is this from an oxp? If yes, any guess which one? Is there any way to find out without resorting to the "putting everything out and back in one by one" routine?

Also, using the game options function "reduced detail" worked wonders ... and the 1.73 feature of shared textures should, if textures are the main slowdown culprit, reduce my OSE WiP load by a factor of probably ten in the long run :)

So what about this Java-script error with docking/launching? Sounds familiar to anyone?
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

It is only a warning and almost certainly not responsible for any crashes. Some old(er) OXP is calling player.dockedStation instead of player.ship.dockedStation, but Oolite knows about it and substitutes the old call with the correct new one, giving a warning for future fixing.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

another_commander wrote:
It is only a warning and almost certainly not responsible for any crashes. Some old(er) OXP is calling player.dockedStation instead of player.ship.dockedStation, but Oolite knows about it and substitutes the old call with the correct new one, giving a warning for future fixing.
This warning is most likelly generated by the updated (by Kaks) version of black baron oxp and as A_C said it is just a warning
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

another_commander wrote:
Thanks ... OK, so this has to be a coincidence. One oxp added-in after the other, it is then - again :(
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Re: Bug-squash progress

Post by JensAyton »

Lestradae wrote:
[script.javaScript.warning.206]: ----- JavaScript warning: player.dockedStation is deprecated, use player.ship.dockedStation instead.
Is this from an oxp? If yes, any guess which one? Is there any way to find out without resorting to the "putting everything out and back in one by one" routine?
As you have been told several times now, you can get this information by using the Debug OXP and JavaScript console. (In 1.73 it will also be in the log.)
Lestradae wrote:
Also, using the game options function "reduced detail" worked wonders ... and the 1.73 feature of shared textures should, if textures are the main slowdown culprit, reduce my OSE WiP load by a factor of probably ten in the long run :)
You’ve misread something. Texture data has always been shared between instances of a texture, this is not new in 1.73.