Cartoon from the 80's? an egg on wheels

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Cartoon from the 80's? an egg on wheels

Post by Griff »

Help! every since Simon_B's RFC: Fancy classics thread started talking about egg shaped ships i've been going crazy trying to remember the name of a cartoon i think might have been from the 80's, it featured a large egg i think, it went about on wheels and possibly mechanical arms came out of it !?! it might have blasted classical music out of horns that came out of the top of it, and might even been named after a classical composer or somthing like ovid (but it's not ovid). Some of you crazy Europeans on this board might know, i'm sure it came from one of your countries... any ideas, google keeps giving me recipies when i search for cartoon eggs.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Thargoid Thanks! i was questioning my sanity there!
oh, made in the UK, i'm suprised at that, seems a bit too ker-azy
lol, Character: The Weird Man in the bushes :lol:
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Indeed. Very much the UK's answer to The Magic Roundabout (and it's from 1977, just for reference).

I might just have to watch them again soon, as I've got them on video (for the kids, honest 'guv) along with Bod, Bagpuss and all such niceties. Not to mention Camberwick Green, Chigley, Trumpton, Mr Ben and Trapdoor on DVD.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I briefly thought you were talking about Charlton and the Wheelies - but yup, Ludwig - classic!

For egg shaped mirrored ships that's pretty much anything by EE Doc Smith (although Chris Foss who did many of the cover arts always did more traditional ships)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
I briefly thought you were talking about Charlton and the Wheelies - but yup, Ludwig - classic!

For egg shaped mirrored ships that's pretty much anything by EE Doc Smith (although Chris Foss who did many of the cover arts always did more traditional ships)
Charlton and the wheelies "Ello, little ol' lady"
Personally I did prefer "Starfleet" and "Into the labyrinth" although most 70's and 80's kids programmes had a wonderful air of sinister that's sadly lacking from programming these days.

DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Ah yes Starfleet - with the theme tune by Brian May (or somebody like that) - a precursor I guess for something like Powerangers where lots of small ships/craft form together to make one (more powerful) craft.

Cracking show.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Ah yes Starfleet - with the theme tune by Brian May (or somebody like that) - a precursor I guess for something like Powerangers where lots of small ships/craft form together to make one (more powerful) craft.

Cracking show.
Here have a nostalga trip on me:
http://www.sfxb.co.uk/