Missiles

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Missiles

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

My new (injected) Interception Missiles are slower than my Boa C.C. on witchspace fuel injection. When chasing fast vessels I can fire a missile which streaks away fantasticly who-o-o-o-sh but quite soon I catch up to it and it gets scooped up (or not, as the case may be) so that I continue chasing fast vessel shooting it manually until it explodes. As I would without a missile. Is there any remedy for this?

Missiles and Bombs v0.5

Is there anything as cool as an Override Missile? They're great on Vipers! Especially if you use one on somebody else, nearby; you neva seen GalCop disperse so fast outa the vicinity!!

Still experimenting with other models on my Weapons Testing Platform.
This OXP = great :twisted:
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

I forget - override is permanent control failure, right? My favorite missile is the cascade missile!
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

I haven't played with M&B in awhile; my ordinance of choice is the military missile.

If memory serves correctly, M&B's interceptor missile has injectors but doesn't, or can't use them. Easy to tell, no purple exhaust flame.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

The interception missile's use of injectors is still a bit hit and miss by the looks of it. I've made them faster in the later version of the OXP - I can't set the top speed too high or the missile will find it hard to intercept properly. I'm working on a v2.0 of the OXP so I'll try to get this fixed.
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Aye, the military missile is nice - all my slots that aren't "special purpose" devices are filled with them, special purpose being cascade missiles, repair bots, mines, and override missiles.
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.