Which objects of the Ooniverse should cascade and which not?

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Which objects of the Ooniverse should cascade and which not?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:28 pm

Any entity with mass but not too much mass (like main station upwards) should cascade.
13%
Anything that presumably contains enough quirium shall cascade. (That excludes i.e. asteroids or cargo containers)
39%
Only something with an active quirium reactor cascades - derelicts for example are also out of the equation.
30%
Some other opinion still I'll post in the thread.
17%

Total votes: 23

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
Thargoid wrote:
And onward questions (as we're at it), does normal thrust use quirium at all, or some other method/source of propulsion? Ergo if a ship doesn't have witchspace capability or fuel injectors, does it have any quirium on-board at all, and so would it cascade or just go bang?

Why do I get the feeling this debate could go on for millenia? :twisted:
There's currently four ships that don't have witchdrives; The Gecko, Sidewinder, Krait Mk 1 (native), and possibly Krait Mk 2 (Griff Krait).
Although they get around witchspace by 'borrowing' wormholes left by jumping ships, they carry quirium, as evidenced by their heavy use of injectors during combat.
Thusly, they'll cascade.
Notice my original quote, "Ergo if a ship doesn't have witchspace capability or fuel injectors...". If they do have injectors, then yes by all means they should cascade.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

drew wrote:
Addendum to previous post....

Asteroids, and empty ships etc struck by a cascade should be destroyed, not unaffected. But they shouldn't trigger a subsequent cascade...

Cheers,

Drew.

ps. I know nothing about Physics. :lol:
Fortunately, Physics knows lots about you...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Yes, otherwise you might start floating off!
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.