CANNOT addShipsAt: -bug

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Perhaps I do have a hint.

Yesterday I finally realized that I have Dictators installed as well. Which is important, because it doesn't interfere with the spawning of police ships, but it contains conditions in the shipdata.

So it seems that—contrary to what I first believed—the conditions are not the culprit.

To repeat the problem as it shows on my system: I've got two OXPs (so far), which lead to this bug, if any script wants to spawn a police ship. This is true for any police ships spawned by scripts; in my case total_patrol (JS) and newskim (legacy). The two interfering OXPs are Commies and Galactic Navy. If neither of them is present, all scripts spawn their police ships just fine.

Methinks that what one would have to do is examine these two OXPs and look for a common feature between them, which is not present for instance in Dictators.

And this common feature does not necessarily have to have something to do with shipdata. Without looking at it, I thought that it could also be some weird thing in shipyard.plist. (Or indeed, with the way player ships are defined. Or whatever.)
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:
Perhaps I do have a hint.

Yesterday I finally realized that I have Dictators installed as well. Which is important, because it doesn't interfere with the spawning of police ships, but it contains conditions in the shipdata.
Dictators does replace police with its own police like commies does. Both have conditions in it to make sure their police can only be selected in their own systems.[/i]
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Yes, but Dictators doesn't give me problems. What it does is just fine. Which means that, if Commies does the same thing, it is also just fine.

The problem must be something else. Something which Commies and Galactic Navy have in common, not Commies and Dictators.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

I've got Dictators (1.3) and Commies (2.06) running under 1.72.1. I've also got Galactic Navies (4.0). Commies seems to work OK but I'm not getting any Astrofactories or their associated ships added in Dictatorship systems...