Mission Screen persistent background

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Mission Screen persistent background

Post by Thargoid »

I believe this has been brought up before as it was mentioned as a possible way to have "background" screens when docked.

However I can confirm that if a script launches the player (player.ship.launch()) whilst they are being presented with a mission screen choice with a background image, that image persists on every "static" (ie non-flight view) screen after the launch.

There was some comment that people thought this had been overcome, but I can report that it's still alive and well, at least in v1.72.1 Windows version.

It can be worked around using mission.setBackgroundImage(null), but it doesn't come into effect until the next time the mission screen is invoked.
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Mission Screen persistent background

Post by Frame »

Thargoid wrote:
I believe this has been brought up before as it was mentioned as a possible way to have "background" screens when docked.

However I can confirm that if a script launches the player (player.ship.launch()) whilst they are being presented with a mission screen choice with a background image, that image persists on every "static" (ie non-flight view) screen after the launch.

There was some comment that people thought this had been overcome, but I can report that it's still alive and well, at least in v1.72.1 Windows version.

It can be worked around using mission.setBackgroundImage(null), but it doesn't come into effect until the next time the mission screen is invoked.
I 2nd that... got the trumbles screen, when using player.ship.launch() 1 second after dock...
Bounty Scanner
Number 935