Buying new ship does not reset cargo

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

StealthM93
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Buying new ship does not reset cargo

Post by StealthM93 »

My son is playing with a quadrillion credits or so (see my very first post).

Anyway, he likes buying different ships. At one time he owned an Anaconda and agreed to several contracts, which resulted in 400+ tons of computers and luxuries. He got bored with that and then bought an Asp Mark II. However, he still retained the 400+ tons of cargo. He was able to sell the cargo even the Asp Mark II has no cargo room.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

The problem is that when I have a contract (say, 103 tons computers to deliver) and try to buy another ship, the game will try to sell all cargo before doing the ship change. If while selling cargo the market gets saturated (qty of a commodity exceeds 127 t), then the selling stops and the cargo that has not been sold remains on the new ship. In our example, if the station where I want to buy an Asp has already 57 tons of computers, it means that I can only sell 70 of my 103 tons. The remaining 33 will be carried over to the next ship.

Well, not any more. This is now fixed and any cargo not sold because the market got saturated during a ship change transaction will be lost. If you have cargo contracts pending, DO NOT sell your ship without thinking the impact this will have on the local market.

BTW, StealthM93, I think we would like to hire your son as a beta tester. Two bugs in a day is quite exceptionally good score :-)
StealthM93
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by StealthM93 »

Thanks for the comment, Another_Commander. My son got a kick out of it. Give a 10 year old a quadrillion credits and many hours over the holiday... :) Bound to find a few things.