Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Can't get Random Hits to work

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

FacePuncher
Poor
Poor

Can't get Random Hits to work

Post by FacePuncher »

I have oolite v1.72.1 installed and it works fine. I copy and paste the RandomHits.oxp folder into the addons folder in the oolite directory but when i run the game there are no space bars in any anarchy systems.

I read that i needed v1.70 + for it to work, and i do. I also tried holding shift while it boots up and still no luck. I read somewhere else that i might need v1.72.2 but can't seem to find it anywhere...

By the way i'm checking at planets in galaxy 1, is that a problem?
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Re: Can't get Random Hits to work

Post by Svengali »

Hello FacePuncher, welcome onboard.
FacePuncher wrote:
I have oolite v1.72.1 installed and it works fine. I copy and paste the RandomHits.oxp folder into the addons folder in the oolite directory but when i run the game there are no space bars in any anarchy systems.
Which version of RH is it. If it's a older version update it.
FacePuncher wrote:
I read somewhere else that i might need v1.72.2 but can't seem to find it anywhere...
By the way i'm checking at planets in galaxy 1, is that a problem?
v1.72.2 isn't released (the current version is v1.72.1), that might be a typo and the galaxy-nr. doesn't matter too. Update RH and everything should be fine. If you still have questions or problems feel free to post it here (or in the RH-Topic), include some more infos (like the Latest.log) and LittleBear and a lot of friendly people will try to help you.

If the update of RH has solved the problem, feel free to post it too, so LittleBear knows that everything is fine.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

You'd need the 1.3 (or 1.3.1) beta for it to work on Oolite 1.72 onwards. There should be a number after the name like RandomHits265.oxp. Its the .oxp folder you need though, so you need to open the folder created by unzipping the download file. The .oxp folder should be in the same folder as the Readme.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
FacePuncher
Poor
Poor

Post by FacePuncher »

Its ok its working now

I think my problem was that i just couldn't find the space bars... :oops: oops.

thanks anyway though guys