Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

photon torpedo

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

bdug
Above Average
Above Average

photon torpedo

Post by bdug »

I was attacked with photon torpedo but they seems to be ineffective. They don't damage my ship if they collide (?)
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Well, what do you expect if you just collide with some light. :wink: Usually you don't get struck down in the plain open, although the sun smashes quite some photons at you. :D

But seriously: I don't think there even exists a Photon Torpedo in Oolite. Are you talking about a Nuclear Torpedo, perhaps?
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Commander McLane wrote:
I don't think there even exists a Photon Torpedo in Oolite. Are you talking about a Nuclear Torpedo, perhaps?
It comes with the constitution and is pretty expensive: 450 credits, same cost as an energy bomb aboard that ship.

I do remember that I once tested such a thing...and it ran out of fuel before hitting the pirate(ds) Constrictor. It was pretty big, but I was unable to scoop it back in for refueling ;) I still prefer salvage missiles anyway...

Screet
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

The photon torpedo is atm, together with a lot of other things, being reworked for Oolite Shipyards Extension, the successor of RS. It's an equipment item originally inherited from Charlie's Navy Starships oxp and I am no longer happy about its function.

Look forward to a more ... interesting ... but more reclusive version of the photon torpedo in perhaps February 2009.

Cheers

L