Commies.oxp (v2.07)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

The update run of 1.72.1 reveals some problems:

Code: Select all

[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "comlimesc" has a broken role definition "*FLASHER* 0.04.42 -1.54 0.0 2" (should have 8 tokens, has 5).
  [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "comlimesc" has a broken role definition "*FLASHER* 3.83 -2.21 -1.54 0.0 2" (should have 8 tokens, has 6).
  [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "comlimesc" has a broken role definition "*FLASHER* -3.83 -2.21 -1.54 0.0 2" (should have 8 tokens, has 6).
  [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "dock-factory" specifies non-existent model "comfactory_dock.dat".
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Explaining on the previous post:

The flashers on the comlim-escape-pod are broken (perhaps due to a c&p-mistake). Instead of

<string>*FLASHER* 0.04.42 -1.54 0.0 2</string>
			<string>*FLASHER* 3.83 -2.21 -1.54 0.0 2</string>
			<string>*FLASHER* -3.83 -2.21 -1.54 0.0 2</string>
it should probably be

<string>*FLASHER* 0.0 4.42 -1.54 0 2 0.0 2</string>
			<string>*FLASHER* 3.83 -2.21 -1.54 0 2 0.0 2</string>
			<string>*FLASHER* -3.83 -2.21 -1.54 0 2 0.0 2</string>
(just copied from the default Oolite escape-pod's shipdata).

However, as I opened the shipdata anyway, there are some more problems: The escape-pod's script-actions are screwed up as well:

<key>script_actions</key>
		<array>
			<string>debugOn</string>
			<dict>
				<key>do</key>
				<array>
					<string>commsMessage: [commissarharikiri]</string>
					<string>setLegalStatus: 200</string>
				</array>
			</dict>
			<string>debugOff</string>
		</array>
If they start with a <key>do</key>, there is a <key>conditions</key> missing in front of it. If there are no conditions to it, the <key>do</key> is wrong, and the whole thing should just read (without the debug-commands, which aren't needed anyway except for play-testing):

<key>script_actions</key>
		<array>
			<string>commsMessage: [commissarharikiri]</string>
			<string>setLegalStatus: 200</string>
		</array>
Just by the way: It's harakiri.

Oh, and just to be sure that this is actually what you wanted: script_actions are performed if the entity gets scooped, not when it is killed (that would be death_actions). The messages themselves indeed seem to be appropriate for the case of scooping, although they seem to suggest a suicide of the sender. So probably they should include the suicide itself as well. Something like the escape pod exploding and damaging the player's fuel scoops. As this is not scriptable in legacy, perhaps it would be a good opportunity to switch to a ship-script instead of the script_actions-array? :wink:

Another easily detectable problem is in the astromine: It has station among its roles, unqualified. Which means that in Communist systems it may get chosen as main station. I doubt this is intended. So it should read station(0) instead.

The comfactory on the other hand has a ridiculously low role probability for its station-role: station(0.00000001), which may make things unnecessarily complitated for the system populator. Better use station(0) as well.

Same goes for the slapu.

Oolite's other complaint is about the missing model for dock-factory. As this version of the dock isn't used anyway (the comfactory uses slapu-dock), it should be deleted altogether. Or alternatively an extra model should be added.

Leaving shipdata now. Another problem is the existence of a descriptions.plist in the AI-folder. Has no place there, and if it is intended for use, its content should go inside the existing descriptions.plist in the Config-folder.

Furthermore, while the pleas contained in it sound communist, the key is called 'trident-plea', which is certainly not from Commies (another c&p-problem, I think).

These should be brushed out in version 2.08. And then there is this, of course. Although I don't know for the moment how to fix it.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:
Explaining on the previous post:

The flashers on the comlim-escape-pod are broken (perhaps due to a c&p-mistake). Instead of

<string>*FLASHER* 0.04.42 -1.54 0.0 2</string>
			<string>*FLASHER* 3.83 -2.21 -1.54 0.0 2</string>
			<string>*FLASHER* -3.83 -2.21 -1.54 0.0 2</string>
Strictly spoken this is not a c&p-mistake. That implies an fault by the copier. I just noticed ups has the same error. I traced it back and the fault lies within Oolite versions until 1.65. In 1.68 it was correct. I started on ups with 1.55 and commies probably sooner. We both correctly copied a wrong entry.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Okay, if the original entry in 1.65 was broken, then this indeed th explanation.
Eric Walch wrote:
I started on ups with 1.55
:shock:

That's quite early. (Years before you registered on the board :wink: .)
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:
That's quite early. (Years before you registered on the board :wink: .)
Probably 1.65 was already released when I started, but yes, I only discovered this board about half a year after I started with ups.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Commander McLane wrote:
Something like the escape pod exploding and damaging the player's fuel scoops. As this is not scriptable in legacy, perhaps it would be a good opportunity to switch to a ship-script instead of the script_actions-array?
Are you talking about damaging the scoops? That is scriptable! Thargoid has both damaged and destroyed scoops in his Pods...however I have some "random number"-problems, which caused my scoops to be destroyed before being able to fill a 25T cargo hold all the time I had the script installed. I finally got so annoyed that I removed it (and due to the wiki problems could not update to the newer version). However, it was apparently only some "very bad luck" series I had.

He also has a working trumble pod...while the "common" trumble pods seem to be empty all the time. I accidentally scooped a new trumble without his pods, though, but I don't even recall seeing a trumble on that pod ;)

Screet
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Screet wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
Something like the escape pod exploding and damaging the player's fuel scoops. As this is not scriptable in legacy, perhaps it would be a good opportunity to switch to a ship-script instead of the script_actions-array?
Are you talking about damaging the scoops? That is scriptable!
Yes. Which is exactly what I wrote. :wink:
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

commies.oxp is updated to version 2.09

- Bugs mentioned in the previous few messages are fixed.
- Solar stations are now placed better in relation to the sun so they no longer explode in systems with big suns.
- All three stations are centred so they appear now in the centre of the players target reticule.

Very recent there was a rapport that one of the commies stations crashed Oolite. This was traced back by Garrett to old graphic drivers in combination with shader mode.
Micha
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Micha »

Very nice, thanks for the updates in DrNil's absence, Eric.
The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Hmmm...commies working morale? I've just seen convicts shoot up an asteroid, then the boulders...and then the splinters!

Screet
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Chrisfs »

Somewhat OT.
I have found AstroGulag and SLAPOs but I have yet to find a Zero Grav Factory.
Are they in Galaxy 1? Where would they be ?
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

I just found in the log:

WARNING: missile_role 'ecm-proof-missile' used in ship 'Commissar Limousine' needs a valid shipdata.plist entry. Using defaults instead.
WARNING: missile_role 'ecm-proof-missile' used in ship 'Military Ray' needs a valid shipdata.plist entry. Using defaults instead.
WARNING: missile_role 'ecm-proof-missile' used in ship 'Thought Police' needs a valid shipdata.plist entry. Using defaults instead.
ecm-proof-missile is no role, it's the shipkey. It should have been "EQ_HARDENED_MISSILE". I corrected this and uploaded Commies.oxp as version 2.10

This always was wrong but nobody apparently noticed those ships used plain missiles instead of the intended hardheads. All thanks to the new entry in trunk that logs this bug. Shield-tail.oxp (also from Dr.Nill) has the same bug.

Not a serious bug of cause as they still are able to fire missiles. Just not the programmed ones.
Last edited by Eric Walch on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Chrisfs »

Thank you for uncovering secret Corporate plot to undermine the Motherland, comrade.
snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by snork »

Eric Walch wrote:
. Shield-tail.oxp (also from Dr.Nill) has the same bug.
Shieldtail has also the bug that it tries to use hunterAI which does not exist and falls back on dumbAI .

So if you are going to fix that oxp anyway ...
<key>shtail</key>
<key>ai_type</key>
<string>hunterAI.plist</string>
personally I replaced it with route1patrolAI. :|
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Commies.oxp (v2.07)

Post by Okti »

Done the grand tour of the 8th lately, I had to go through 3 Nova systems. One in g4 my nova system and two at G7 because I played Assasins twice before. One of the nova systems was a communist system and I realized some stations were spawned there. Looking at Commies code, it does not check for if the system has gone nova.
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run