Salvaged Fer de Lance worth less than Salvage Missile

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Salvaged Fer de Lance worth less than Salvage Missile

Post by Screet »

Hi,

I just had some more salvage runs...just a little bit over 2K for a BCC with cargo seems a bit sparse, compared to the time one has to hang around with the ship.

However, since there were several derelict vessels, I bought new salvage missiles at the Dredger. I guess those ships are as much the source of the missiles as possible, as they get all those salvaged ships with the droids on board. Their price is triple the normal, though?!?

That pricing did even cost me money when I properly guarded a Fer de Lance towards the Dredger: I got less money for the ship and cargo than I had to pay for the missile.

Concerning the fact that such ships are typically pretty expensive and (unless they carry food) the same accounts for the cargo of freighters, I wonder if it would be a good idea to either increase the salvage price or reduce the price of those missiles at the Dredger.

I didn't lose money, though, as I had three missiles fired at that time, with three ships inbound to the Dredger. A CM3 was shot down en route, as there were too many pirates...but those pirates carried pretty expensive cargo and I also captured 5 of their pilots ;)

Anyway...there's no money shortage in the game, rather the opposite, and salvage runs are fun. But I don't like it, if I have to pay more for a droid than I get for the salvaged ship together with it's cargo, especially when the people at the Dredger surely can resell that Droid again.

Screet
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

[quote="Screet]I just had some more salvage runs...just a little bit over 2K for a BCC with cargo seems a bit sparse, compared to the time one has to hang around with the ship. [/quote]

It was always a concern to me not to add things that spoils it for new Jamesons: earning money to easy compared to the way it was originally intended. But maybe I will raise the reward a little in the future based on the players status.

The price at the dredgers is high. I can't set a individual price, only a level compared to the main station for all equipment.
Screet wrote:
That pricing did even cost me money when I properly guarded a Fer de Lance towards the Dredger: I got less money for the ship and cargo than I had to pay for the missile.
Yes, the fer the lance is never worth salvaging. The reward is based on the ships mass and its cargo hold. The fer de lance is not heavy and has practical no cargo. But that is something the player has to figure out which ships he should salvage or not. e.g. the anaconda is very profitable because of is large cargo hold.
I have no access to ship prices by script, only mass and cargo.

And the time spend can be much lower. Once you killed both pirate waves you can start doing other things. as long as you stay long enough in the system until the derelict has docked
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Eric Walch wrote:
The fer de lance is not heavy and has practical no cargo. But that is something the player has to figure out which ships he should salvage or not. e.g. the anaconda is very profitable because of is large cargo hold.

And the time spend can be much lower. Once you killed both pirate waves you can start doing other things. as long as you stay long enough in the system until the derelict has docked
The funny thing is, that the mass of a freighter (the version that typically comes as "stolen freighter") was too high - although they carry less than a Boa.

Concerning the pirate waves: I found it a good idea to fire multiple salvage missiles at once, however, the ships should be comparable in speed, otherwise things will become very difficult. I've got the impression, though, that the pirates go for the ship closest to the dredger.

On all three occasions I did something like that, I only had to fight off the pirates from the closest ship - and when it came into scanner range of the Dredger, which has fighters itself, I was able to either dock myself at the Dredger or to run away. I tried to protect the other ships on one of those occasions, but it was safe already.

Screet
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Eric Walch wrote:
Yes, the fer the lance is never worth salvaging. The reward is based on the ships mass and its cargo hold. The fer de lance is not heavy and has practical no cargo. But that is something the player has to figure out which ships he should salvage or not. e.g. the anaconda is very profitable because of is large cargo hold.
*GRRRR* I just encountered a derelict Falcon...and the reward was 590 Cr! I'd pay them much more if they would make it spaceworthy again and allow me to switch ships ;) I guess every young Jameson would run around with salvage missiles if that were an option (assuming the CM3 has enough trade-in value)...

Screet