1.72 load commander "Y" Start screen ruins texture

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

1.72 load commander "Y" Start screen ruins texture

Post by Frame »

While i allready reported this however, i now found out how to avoid it., so i´m posting it here to tell others..

When starting up Oolite, if I press "y" to "load previous commander" And i do that almost all the time... and using shaders

Then textures like the planet/moon textures in system redux
and the native nebula textures, are somehow corrupted...

the planets and moons just become one monotone color instead

If i however select "n" and then goto the load screen and load a commander then everything is fine.

It does not affect ship objects at all, theire texture are fine

Edit 1:while i could reproduce it before, the problem has now gone away, and i have franticly tried to reproduce the problem, by showing a ship with shader in the demoscreen, using combinations of showing a ship with shader and selecting "n" and "y" to load previous commander... holding down shift, and not holding down shift...

it seems it is a specific series of circumstances that triggers the corruption

however

Switching from full screen to windowed mode, immidiately kicked of some sort of memory leak, i had to terminate the Oolite process when oolite memory usage reached 1 gb

Link to picture of the memory usage is here

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn18 ... emleak.jpg

Edit 2: the memory leak seem to be triggerd by any alteration of the window while in-flight, i just tried a resize window... Oolite went white, memory usage started to up again from a steady 180 mb to 600 mb and kept going up, when i termintated it again

This i can reproduce again, and again...

Edit 3: a resize of the window also causes Oolite to not use shaders :-/, for example a ship in the demoscreen looses them...

specs:

win32 bit Vista Ultimate with ATI HD2600 1.5 gb Ram..
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

The problem has returned, and i can no more "cure" it with not loading a commander from start screen, this is damn peculiar.... :-/.-..
Bounty Scanner
Number 935