Awesome in-game stories

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Captain Tylor
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Captain Tylor »

I thought i`d Tell all you about an adventure I had on Meeting a Renegade ship as a mere competent Pilot. I`m afraid you`ll have to excuse the bad grammer, English was always one of my worst subjects in School.

There I was doing going about my usual business, felt tired shouldn`t have left station to make another trading run

but you all know how it is.
Wasn`t paying mouch attention to where I was going as long as there was a profit in it. Did the usual on exit from

Hyperspace `R` to turn on ID computer ,`~` to see whats around me. C Came up great! flew into convenience store and payed

for fuel. Always do just in case you never know who or what you`ll meet out there. Cleared the store out of Gold, Platinum

and Gems, Their so cheap will easily cover cost of fuel and then some.
Now lets get to station so I can get some sleep. `R` happily moving to station lean back and relax....MASS LOCK!!

drowsily looked at ship that stopped my speedy journey. It was already showing red and blue lasers firing at my battered

Cobra III. A Renegade ship can`t remember what type just knew that I was probably dead. How do they get those obviously

Illegal additions on the front of their ships and how does their energy levels cope with such power. Well I hit my injectors

pretty quick I can tell you. What its staying on my tail must have injectors too, my rear shield had gone up in smoke

already.
Quickly turning to face my opponent keeping Injectors held, Must get behind Renegade. I don`t know where but I

remembered somewere that if you could get behind a renegade they were pussy cats (the old Earth pet kind that is). Anyways

after much docking and weaving (and no front shield to match the rear) I got behind him. Thank Giles its true keeping a

Renegade in your sights when you are behind him is a piece of cake and he only let off an occasional blast from his rear

laser. Anyway it took a while but eventualy I had the bounty Deposited to ma account. Aaah I just remembered (beware of what

a Renegede leaves behind) I know i`d heard that before were was it now. Anyway pulled up and avoided what was left behind.

Time to let my shields recharge.......EEEP!! GOOLP!! my shields were completely empty nothing looked over at my

Energy Bars Nothing either. I had never even heard of such a thing. Why Didn`t my Energy recharge itself. Was I dead. Was

this Heaven, No more likely Hell I hadn`t been that good in my life. Right lets get back to station, left trading lanes

even a single trumble could take me down in this state.
I limped back to the station Luckily I didn`t meet anybody or anything on the way. Shift D what? nothing?, In all

the excitment I hadn`t noticed I had lost my docking computer. Manual dobook getting close to the cking except this time I

had to do it by the navigation bouy and everything. I regularly scraped my paint in the old days before getting my Docking

Computer, couldn`t afford to do that Today.

Phooow! on docking Energy and shields came back to normal. I was alive!!

Sold my cargo ,paid for repairs made a loss on this trip but I was awake know.time for one more Trading run before

getting some sleep.

Would love to read some more of all Your exploites
gogz69
Deadly
Deadly

GalCop initiation for academy grads

Post by gogz69 »

Quick little tale for ya folk's
Picking up some goods from the Xexedi system (G1) , i made my departure from the station to discover a single GC viper flying in a loop with it's injectors maxed out.
Strange :?: :?: so, i tuned in to the police frequency to hear the guy in the viper, who is clearly not a happy bunny-
" HEY... this aint funny any more, are one of you a**hole's gonna tell me how to stop this or what?"
The reply from the station....
"Congrats kid, welcome to GalCop!" (bursts of laughter in the background)

Poor bloke.