Robbed

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

j f gearing
Dangerous
Dangerous

Robbed

Post by j f gearing »

I have now carried out 3 consecutive kills under Random Hits
Each time the kill has been attributed to another terminator and I got a lousy 90 quid
I know I carried out the kills, there was no one else in the area
What is happening? I am running v 1.72 on a Mac

Cheers

JFG
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Are you also using V1.3 (beta) of Random Hits? As it says on the Random Hits Wikki page, V1.2 of Random Hits will not work properly on 1.72 of Oolite. You need to update to V1.3 (beta) of Random Hits, which will work on 1.72. Delete 1.2 from addons and download and install the 1.3 Beta Version. It will be called RandomHits260.oxp. If it don't have this number after it, it won't work on 1.72 of Oolite. :wink:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
j f gearing
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by j f gearing »

Thanks.
I've upgraded to 1.3
I'll let you know if it works

Cheers

JFG
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

Post by Tivva »

Bugger- this happened to me too, just didn't realise it was a bug....DOH

just d/l the latest version :lol:
j f gearing
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by j f gearing »

All OK now

Cheers

JFG

[/code]
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Cool. It is possible for an NPC to kill a mark, so I needed to write the OXP to deal with this possibility. I've cheated a bit in the interests of gameplay to make it unlikey that a NPC will kill a mark, but you do need to take this into account in making your hits. The credits go to the person who killed the victim and that includes the cops. If there are a load of cops about when you find your victim, you may wish to wait until they've drifftered off scanner. If they join the battle and help you, you will get the credit for the kill if you fire the fatal shot. But if one of the Cops finishes off a mark you've wounded, he gets the credit. Some hunters have been known to eliminate the competition!

It will be rare for an NPC to get a mark, but if you have a lot of the Navy and Police OXPs installed and you are hunting a mark in an adder in a corperate state, you need to get your skates on in hunting him, as a barrage from a behmoth will vaporise him. Its unlikley that the Cops will get a mark if he's in a reasonable ship and / or he's in a system with few police. The reason you need to update is that on Oolite 1.71.1 the player is called "player" in script, but on 1.72 he's called "player.ship". This means that the code to identify the killer has to be different on 1.71.2 and 1.72 of Oolite. 1.2 of Random Hits is desgined for 1.71.2 of Oolite. 1.3 (and the final upcoming 1.4 version) is desgined for 1.72 onward of Oolite. :wink:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.