Adding Fuel injectors

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Carrotcat II
Competent
Competent

Adding Fuel injectors

Post by Carrotcat II »

Can anybody help to install fuel injectors to a tribant trader...

I know it is probably not allowed and will need to be hacked in but please help me...
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

First of all hi, Carrotcat II, and welcome to the boards and of course to this great game! :D (seems to be a quite popular name you have chosen here :wink:)

What's a tribant trader? The general way of installing Fuel Injectors is to buy them in the equipment section of any station with the appropriate techlevel, which is 10 or above in this case. (And this is the general way for any equipment.)

After installing them you have to use them by pressing 'I' during flight. Note that they use your witchspace fuel. So, if you have no fuel left, the injectors won't work anymore.

General information on how to use your equipment can be found in the ReadMe-file, which is conveniently placed right next to the game itself in the main Oolite-folder of your download. It is also a good idea to consult the Oolite-section of the Elite-Wiki. Good starting points are the Oolite Instruction Manual and the Frequently Asked Questions. From there you will find your way through the links.
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

remember, that the hyperdrive's little brother, the jumpdrive [j], is always available.
It only fails to function when space-time is disrupted nearby, such as near an astral body or another ship's drive.

What's up with the catty carrots?
Riding the Rocket!