Salvage gangs- Anarchies v1.1 OXP

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

Salvage gangs- Anarchies v1.1 OXP

Post by Tivva »

What am I doing wrong?
I've d/l Anarchies v1.1, running Oolite 1.72 on OS Leopard.
I can find & dock with the Hacker outpost but although i've been to umpteen Anarchy systems of varying tech levels I can't find a Salvage gang asteroid.
The 'read me' file says they are in the middle of the shipping lane on most systems, mainly Anarchy & sometimes others- of medium tech levels...

Other than that it's great, lots more pirates to zap

Any help/ hints appreciated.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Salvage Gangs exist in 14 per cent of all non-Anarchy systems. So don't just try Anarchy systems. You will find them (if they are there) 40 per cent of the way from the witchpoint to the planet.

They also exist in 60 per cent of all Anarchy systems with a medium techlevel (between 4 and 6). In low techlevel Anarchies (1 to 3) you may encounter Sentinel Stations or Renegade Stations, in high techlevel Anarchies (7 to 9) there may be Hacker Outposts.

Only in these Salvage Gangs the legal-status-relevant equipment can be bought.

Where are you at the moment (which planet in which galaxy?). If you post it here, I can tell you where to find the nearest Salvage Gang.
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

Post by Tivva »

Commander McLane wrote:
Where are you at the moment (which planet in which galaxy?). If you post it here, I can tell you where to find the nearest Salvage Gang.
Currently at Quinri, Galaxy 2; but been around a lot of the NW (top left quarter) of Gal 2 since d/l your excellent OXP due to a couple of missions.
I've found plenty of Hacker outposts, maybe I've been going to the higher tech level systems.

Just tried a lower tech Anarchy- Isceer & found the Salvage asteroid, yay...

Thanks for your help Cmdr McLane
Keep up the good work :)