sunskimmers in interstellar space in 1.72

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

sunskimmers in interstellar space in 1.72

Post by Commander McLane »

During a misjump I noticed a couple of traders who just sat there and were attacked by the Thargoids. Investigating them closer I noticed that they all had sunskim_trader as primary role (and then there were quite some AI-errors in the logfile, because the were stuck looking for the sun).

I think the populator just needs a check for non-interstellar space before spawning sunskimmers. Should be an easy fix.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: sunskimmers in interstellar space in 1.72

Post by Ark »

Commander McLane wrote:
During a misjump I noticed a couple of traders who just sat there and were attacked by the Thargoids. Investigating them closer I noticed that they all had sunskim_trader as primary role (and then there were quite some AI-errors in the logfile, because the were stuck looking for the sun).

I think the populator just needs a check for non-interstellar space before spawning sunskimmers. Should be an easy fix.
Assuming that those sunskimmers were placed there by the populator
Did you by any change have sunskimmers oxp (or something similar) installed
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:
It's not the populater doing it wrong. In that case it would also add traders, police and pirates to interstellar space because it adds all in one loop.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Ark wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:

Assuming that those sunskimmers were placed there by the populator
Did you by any change have sunskimmers oxp (or something similar) installed
Ah! :idea: Indeed, I have sunskimmers.oxp installed.

EDIT: OOps! :oops: Turns out Doc Nil had already repaired that. I'm just not using the latest version of sunskimmers. Okay, fixed it.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Hmmm. Turns out there is another problem, not yet fixed. The OXP adds sunskimming traders, pirates, and police on the witchpoint-sun route. Fine for the traders, who have a suitable AI, and the pirates, who just hang around until there is something to attack. Not fine for the police, who get route1PatrolAI by default. Which means they start heading for the planet at once. So the witchpoint-sun route never actually gets patroled. PMing Doc Nil.