Ore Processor question: a ton of kilograms

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Qev
Average
Average

Ore Processor question: a ton of kilograms

Post by Qev »

Hi all! New Oolite player, old Elite player. :)

Just a quick question... I'm using the Ore Processor oxp (1.52) in Oolite 1.72, and I've noticed that any time I scoop a splinter and it gets processed into a kg of gold, it still takes up a full ton of cargo space. Is this normal behaviour for the oxp? :)

And sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I figured Testing and Bugs was for the main Oolite build, not oxps...
Making everyone's day a little more surreal.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Hi Qev and welcome to the Forum :D

This is i am afraid normal operation (more than a drawback) of oolite for everything you scooped.
In the ore processor for excamble every time you scooped 1 kg of gold or 1 kg of platinum that still takes up 1 ton of cargo space. If you scooped a splinter that containes 5 grs of gems those 5 grs take up another ton of cargo space.
In the cargo and wrecks oxp if you scooped a cargo pode that contains 20 kgs of platinum that takes up also 1 ton of your cargo space .....
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

That's the way it works... it all goes into your cargo bay. When you dock somehere you can go in with a dustpan and a brush and sweep up all the shinies and deposit them in the safe in your cabin and recover the unused space. It's a safety feature of the scoop, to prevent overloading.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Disembodied wrote:
That's the way it works... it all goes into your cargo bay. When you dock somehere you can go in with a dustpan and a brush and sweep up all the shinies and deposit them in the safe in your cabin and recover the unused space. It's a safety feature of the scoop, to prevent overloading.
I love that !!! (I mean when we transform a drawback of the game into a feature :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Qev
Average
Average

Post by Qev »

Ah, okay! Thanks!

I figured the ore processor was just keeping all the post-processing tailings instead of dumping them, to keep within environmental regulations, or something. :)
Making everyone's day a little more surreal.