owner broken in v1.72

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Svengali
Commander
Commander

owner broken in v1.72

Post by Svengali »

If a entity doesn't have a owner Oolite doesn't return anything.

You can test it by launching, targetting the nav-buoy and then

Code: Select all

:d player.ship.target.owner
or

Code: Select all

:d player.ship.target
With the second dump you will see that the rest of the function isn't executed anymore after reaching this point (owner). Same for scripts.

BTW: 1.72 runs very smooth :-) Nice.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Oops! Fixed.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Very cool, another_commander. Thanks a lot.

BTW: I've noticed a lot of changes in the new version. It runs without the big FPS fluctuations, the lighting situation has changed totally and if I'm not blind the stars and planets seem to be different too. :-)
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Svengali wrote:
BTW: I've noticed a lot of changes in the new version. It runs without the big FPS fluctuations, the lighting situation has changed totally and if I'm not blind the stars and planets seem to be different too. :-)
I have to agree
This version is light years better than any version of oolite ever (even the last stable one) Everything runs smother, the stutters are gone (even with 150 or more objects in the system), it loads faster even if you rebuild the cache, the ingame count of FPS is now correct etch.

Amazing!!!!!!

Especially those stutters were a pain in the (my) ass for some time now (to the point that I didn’t want to play or test oolite anymore). So I have to thanks the dev team for restoring my passion for oolite

Other positive changes that I can detect is that the stars in space are smaller making space far more realistic than before and finally the lighting problem in demo screen and shipyard when shaders were on (another pain in the ass for some time now) although it is not solved it has been bypassed with a simple but effective solution

I am definitely sure that they will be some new bugs that the dev team will have to solve for ver 1.72.1 and also some malfunction in particular oxps due to the changes in JS but I fill that a huge step has been made in the development of this program.