I'm not sure where to post this..

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Lestradae wrote:
VERY good news ...
It seems you haven't took a look in it :-)
BTW: The 'fixed' version is already converted to OpenStep and gives only 1 Error in the verifier instead of a 100KB Errorlist.
I've commented out the problematic things and squashed/fixed over 1000 other things in shipdata.plist and shipyard.plist.
Lestradae wrote:
Very helpful of you - thanks! I will come back to your offer like a Faulcon DeLacy Homing Missile (ECM-proof) when I have reached a certain point in my To-Do list.
Perhaps in December, I will be there. Great!
Does it mean that you want to implement a lot of new stuff? I think it would be better to solve the current problems instead of adding new things. After that point there is enough time. The users of your oxp will be very pleased to get a bug-fixed version - I think.

EDIT: Before somebody says to calm down...
We still have contact and there is absolutely no problem between Lestradae and me. So don't worry that this discussion could break the banks. It won't happen. It's only a nice line in sarcasm .-)
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: ...

Post by Eric Walch »

Lestradae wrote:
3. There are no automated error checkers for OpenStep that I am aware of, but there are ones for legacy script. That`s a serious OpenStep game stopper for me, because finding an error in 60000+ lines of code without automated search is, in short, impossible (at least for me).
I know there is one for the Mac. It even came with the installation disk. I use the project Builder for that. It can syntax check the whole plist, of just a selection of it.