For beggers that are easy prey

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

For beggers that are easy prey

Post by Alex »

I have a Excel sheet with 270 planets from galaxy 1 and 2 with Average, max and min prices that is easy to bring up and add to when you are on station and figuring what to buy and sell. If you use windows in window mode, It sits at the bottom of the screen showing the last 3 visited and the average min max for all included. There is also a printable word doc to give the basics of prices when trading. I don't know how or where to up load this to make it available to all.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Somewhere around the Oolite planet list in the EliteWiki would be a reasonable place. Or upload to a host of your choice (many people around here are using box.net) and post the link here.

Although I have to say that compiling such a list seems like an exercise in futility to me. Commodities prices depend on one variable only: the economy of a system. So for all "Rich Industrial" systems in all eight galaxies, average, max and min prices are exactly the same. As are for all "Average Agricultural" systems. And so on. Information on how it all works can be found for instance in this thread.

The average overall prices for all the goods are already listed in the very useful Oolite Reference Sheet, which every beginning Ooliteer should have (although it does admittedly need a major overhaul; and some of the listed average prices are not even correct).

And of course there is Mr Gimlet, the quite talkative dockmaster on Lave station, who is more than willing to share his insights into the basics of trading, and a lot of other useful information, too. Or start with the briefer introduction in the Oolite FAQ. :)