Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Mutabilis update

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Would you like Mutabilis as a complete story, or chapter by chapter at regular intervals?

Just gimme the damn story!
43%
I thrive on stress, and want to be agonising each week waiting to find out what happens next!
57%

Total votes: 21

Damos
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Damos »

OK Fair enough.
I thought the book was finished and the question was whether to release it all there and then vrs drip feed.
So will connect weekly to download.

D.
Jack_H
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Jack_H »

Your cover looks great Drew. Question though: Have you actually finished the story yet? If you have, and released it all in one hit, you would probably get your proof reading back a lot quicker and be able to publish the final one earlier. But the poll suggests the serialised version is the way to go.
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

Well - it's complete in the sense that all story arcs are concluded, there is an 'end' and I know whats happened. :wink:

I'm still tweaking bits of dialogue and so on as I re-read. Some of the situations later on are a bit complex, so I am still optimising them, but there won't be any major changes.

I could have released it in one go, but the chapter by chapter approach is refining the story much better than my solo efforts would have done.

As long as the cafepress version is out in time for Christmas I'll be happy!

Cheers,

Drew.
Drew is an author of SF and Fantasy Novels
WebsiteFacebookTwitter