Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Graphical Glitch in 1.71

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

TimB
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by TimB »

I installed 1.71.2 today and get the same screen display as polomint. I am running a 128mb RADEON 9200 AGP graphics card and tried several different modes on the card and could not find a more up to date driver. No problems with graphics on previous releases so this implies a change in the code causing the problem. Have tried with and without OXPs but get the same problem.
polomint
Above Average
Above Average

Post by polomint »

TimB wrote:
I installed 1.71.2 today and get the same screen display as polomint. I am running a 128mb RADEON 9200 AGP graphics card and tried several different modes on the card and could not find a more up to date driver. No problems with graphics on previous releases so this implies a change in the code causing the problem. Have tried with and without OXPs but get the same problem.
use a program called GLDirect, it worked fine and got my laptop playing ooo fine...

http://www.scitechsoft.com/products/ent/gld_home.php

might be an idea to download it from elsewhere though, :D :D :D
TimB
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by TimB »

Thanks for the advice. I loaded GLDirect and the problem changed from the blocked text issue to text displaying black on black. Anyway I installed ATIs Catalyst Control Centre and disabled GLDirect and all seems to be okay now. Thanks again for the quick esponse.
Bluefusion
Average
Average

text glitch sorted with oolite-font.png

Post by Bluefusion »

I was also getting the text glitch in 1.7.1.2 on my Mac OSX, but adding in your oolite-font.png file sorted it out for me.