Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Do Galactic Navy missions ever "complete"?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

CmdrLUke
Deadly
Deadly

Do Galactic Navy missions ever "complete"?

Post by CmdrLUke »

I know Galactic Navy missions can expire, since I've received the message that the "battle was over", but do they ever really complete like other missions do (RandomHits, LocalHero, etc. all have solid conclusions to them)? For Thargoid battles, I just keep fighting until there aren't any left, but never receive any sort of status or completion messages.

Now I'm trying to clear out the pirates from a system for the GN, and I've killed a bunch of pirates and can't find any more, but the mission is still in my F5 status. Does that mean the OXP thinks the mission isn't done yet?

????

thanks
CL
CmdrLUke
Deadly
Deadly

Post by CmdrLUke »

I just got the message, "The Battle At Regeti is over!" like I missed it or something. I went there, mopped up the pirates, and after I found no pirates any more, I took off to do other things. Seems like an OXP problem. Or am I missing something?
CmdrLUke
Deadly
Deadly

Post by CmdrLUke »

I just noticed something, maybe this is the problem. I had one of those little red "x"s on a planet ("Diora" in galaxy 1) that I wondered where it came from, but no mission text in "F5" to say what's happening in Diora. When the "Battle is Over in Regeti" came through, I realized the little red "x" in Diora went away. Perhaps the GN OXP got either the planet or the mission text confused.
matt634
Deadly
Deadly

Post by matt634 »

Most likely a bug that needs squashing.

[added to list]
CmdrLUke
Deadly
Deadly

Post by CmdrLUke »

Probably, but having a clear "mission finished" would still help :)

In a GalacticNavy mission, are you guaranteed to find a squadron already in the destination system, ready to tell you to "form up"?