Black Monks bug??

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

Black Monks bug??

Post by Tivva »

Just installed the oxp & tried it, only to find when I dock successfully (no damage) I get chucked out of oolite.
Error message "The application Oolite quit unexpectedly"

I'm running Oolite 1.65 on a macbook pro with os 10.5 Leopard.

Anyone any clues?

thanks
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

If you are playing on Oolite 1.65, make sure you have the Non-Shader version of Black Monks installed. The Shader Version requires 1.71 of Oolite or higher and will probabley cause all sorts of problems on 1.65.

If you still have problems, try deleting the monk.png from the OXPs Image folder. Sometimes images that work fine on Oolite PC cause Oolite Mac to crash.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

LittleBear wrote:
If you are playing on Oolite 1.65, make sure you have the Non-Shader version of Black Monks installed. The Shader Version requires 1.71 of Oolite or higher and will probabley cause all sorts of problems on 1.65.
Y’know, requires.plist works in 1.65 (although the error message it gives is wrong).
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tivva »

LittleBear wrote:
If you are playing on Oolite 1.65, make sure you have the Non-Shader version of Black Monks installed.
If you still have problems, try deleting the monk.png from the OXPs Image folder.
LB
Just replaced the oxp with the non shader version & it still does the same...
I can't find the .png file or the oxp image folder.
where should they be?

sorry to be a pain - noobies hey :roll:

your help much appreciated
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

I suspect your Mac doesn't like the Scary picture of the Monks that is displayed when you dock! Go to Oolite's AddOns folder and find the BlackMonks.oxp Open it up. (I think on the Mac you have to right click it). Inside it will be a Folder called Images. Open the Images folder. Inside they'll be a PNG file called Monk.PNG. Delete this file. Black Monks should now run properly when you dock. You won't have a picture of a Monk behind the text, but I think its his visage that is causing your machine a fright! There's some odd setting with certain Images saved under windows that causes some Mac OSs to bail. Dunno why, but I've had this happen before. I thought the Monks were okay as they've been around a couple of years, but I'm guessing its something with the Image thats causing the problem.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

LittleBear wrote:
I suspect your Mac doesn't like the Scary picture of the Monks that is displayed when you dock! Go to Oolite's AddOns folder and find the BlackMonks.oxp Open it up. (I think on the Mac you have to right click it).
To be precise: right-click it (or ctrl-click it) to show its context menu, and then choose "Open Package" (or whatever is reasonably close to that in your language). Then the OXP will open like an ordinary folder, and you see the files and folders contained.
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tivva »

Thanks for all your help guys.
I've managed to get the oxp running, by d/l the 1.71.2 v & the non shady blackmonk.oxp

btw there's a dodgy link for the shady oxp from the alioth.net page- the link has 2x http\\ in the addy so it doesn't load the page for the d/l... easy enough to fix if you spot it ;)
monachus
Harmless
Harmless

Post by monachus »

i've fixed the broken link.