Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

some new OXPs = easier Offender status? andsome weirdnesses

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

CmdrLUke
Deadly
Deadly

some new OXPs = easier Offender status? andsome weirdnesses

Post by CmdrLUke »

I installed some new OXPs tonight:

UPS Courier 1.4.3
Remorse of Conscience
Tiger
YourAdd Here and sets A-D
Galactic Navy
behemoth 2.4
OoHaul
Imperial Courier

and the first thing I noticed is that I seem to get Offender status at the drop of a hat now, it seems just by scooping up cargo canisters? Or firing at outlaws? I entered one of the navy systems, and a Navy group was firing on an outlaw. I assisted, and the Navy told me "Thanks!". I killed the perp and picked up some canisters, and the Navy then started firing on me!

Also, outside of a satellite station, a Fugitive RoC ship was calling for help while the Vipers were shooting at it!

I've also noticed many performance stutters while flying around (not only in the navy system), I haven't had the time to try to figure out which one yet. Is there one of the above gruop that's known to introduce stuttering once every few minutes?
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Do you have Anarchies.oxp installed? It`s supposed to make you Offender and Fugitive easier and makes it harder for you to get clean again, if I`m not mistaken.

Also adds in new ways of getting clean, btw.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: some new OXPs = easier Offender status? andsome weirdnes

Post by Commander McLane »

CmdrLUke wrote:
and the first thing I noticed is that I seem to get Offender status at the drop of a hat now, it seems just by scooping up cargo canisters?
That depends entirely on what you do with the scooped cargo cannisters.

Scooping cannisters is completely legal, and will never lead to your bounty being raised. Even if the cannisters contain illegal goods.

Also selling cannisters is completely legal, even if the cannisters contain illegal goods. No bounty for that.

However, you have to make sure that you sell all your illegal goods at the latest whenever you dock with a main station. Because leaving a main station with illegal goods on board is an offense, and will lead to an immediate bounty on your head. To be precise: 1 Cr for every ton of Slaves, 1 Cr for every ton of Firearms, and 2 Cr for every ton of Narcotics in your hold.

So, if you have scooped anything of those during an "eventful" flight, make sure you sell every last bit of it at the station, even if the current price for Narcotics is only 1.2 Cr. That's just bad luck. Not doing so will inevitably (and instantly) result in people wanting you dead.

@ Lestradae: While Anarchies.oxp will let a bounty stick longer to you, making it more difficult (or expensive, if you choose to use certain devices, or not-so-legal transactions) to get clean again, it will not impose any bounties on you (with the possible exception of a, errrm..., misunderstanding between you and a certain GalCop Official on a station in an anarchy system--if you know what I mean), so it doesn't make you offender or fugitive easier.
CmdrLUke
Deadly
Deadly

Post by CmdrLUke »

Thanks for the info. In both cases the Offender status came from actions only in space, no docking, no hyperspacing, etc. The only thing I was doing was shooting outlaws and scooping containers.

I do not have Anarchies installed.

If there are no police around, and you shoot a "Clean", I've noticed that you stay "Clean" yourself, at least in native oolite. Does Anarchies change this? It's my most recent "discovery" and am having a lot of fun with it!
CmdrLUke
Deadly
Deadly

Post by CmdrLUke »

It looks like having contraband on board in a GalCop command sector = Offender status, or maybe just having a cop nearby? I experimented entering a GalCop sector command system with and without contraband, and with contarband was immedaite Offender status
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

That would be a question for Matt634, the creator of Galactic Navy.oxp.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I noticed that you have YAH installed - it does (on occasion) cause quite a few PC systems to stutter - mine included - but it's just so much fun to have around I've left in in!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
CmdrLUke
Deadly
Deadly

Post by CmdrLUke »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
I noticed that you have YAH installed - it does (on occasion) cause quite a few PC systems to stutter - mine included - but it's just so much fun to have around I've left in in!
I can't imagine playing without YAH now. I *love* the little convenience stores -- very helpful on long hauls, adds another dimension / decision to route planning! And some of those little buggers offer AMAZING trade deals if you can find them.
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I hear what you're saying - while Doc N did all the hard work - I still get a little flutter when I realise that the store I'm about to dock with is my Tescoo Oxpress...

I really must knock out an OXP of my own someday!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here