Behemoth gives loads of kills

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Rimbaud
Dangerous
Dangerous

Behemoth gives loads of kills

Post by Rimbaud »

So... I was in Witch Space and dropped a Q bomb for a laugh and 50 odd kills. I then attacked the remaining Behemoth and received two Right On Commanders! I realised I had received 350 kills, and this was continuing as I kept pinging away at the Behemoth, which seemed to be indestructible (at least 10 loads of military laser fire in it). What's going on here?

It wasn't one of the old behemoths, but one where you dock at the back.

V1.71.1 on Mac OS X.
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

i received a similar error, twice, except it wasn't a navy ship it was a thargoid carrier. of interest to note is the fact that for every hit on the "indestructable" thargoid, i received a kill and a bounty of 2000. this racks up rather quickly. i was using lasers, not a q-bomb. however, when i docked with it, waited-so it would exit witchspace, and undocked-then it was able to be killed with a single laser shot. at least my rating is now the same in the game as the forum. ;D

out of curiosity, why are all sorts of structures showing up in witchspace now? various dockable user-created stations are now showing up in witchspace. interesting.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

nijineko wrote:
out of curiosity, why are all sorts of structures showing up in witchspace now? various dockable user-created stations are now showing up in witchspace. interesting.
hmm sounds like bug i had once with the Rock Hermit Locator... it would produce Pi-42 stations and Tesco stations when you came out of a wormhole...

Do you use the Rock hermit Locator ? And if so, what version
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Rimbaud
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Rimbaud »

Sorry didn't see this post.

I don't use the Rock hermit locator and also had the same problem with the Thargoid Carrier
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Yes, I had the same thing with the Thargoid Carrier once. The target inspector revealed that it had an energy below ZERO. For every consecutive hit the energy sank more below 0 and I was awarded another 2000 Cr.

Seems that the bounty-rewarding mechanism checks for energy <= 0 and awards a bounty, while the ship-explosion mechanism probably only checks for energy = 0. If it somehow misses the moment (although I have no idea why and how it could do that), the ship won't be removed from the Ooniverse, and continue with negative energy forever. :shock: (The energy-recharge mechanism seems to check for energy > 0, so the Carrier in question never gained any energy anymore, so indeed it had to exist forever.)