Any way of reserving ship names ?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

offcourse it is allways better to name your files and where this may apply with your nick+description or something else that is unlikely to be used in Oolite...

For example i call alot of my files frame_xxxx.png .dat .js .ogg and so on.

And on the note of snake names... i never released the Keelback (collision problems with a large model)
and copperhead... so feel free to use them, i can think of other names... allready has for another "breed" of ships... just sitting on my HD, for when i eventually get to write my mission OXP...

right know im a tad busy with the solar system oxp, And i have lumonia atm, so things are coming on real slow.. on the bright side.. i stopped smoking....
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

"No sparrows"

there's a missile called a Sparrow tho!

as for "reserving", why not just post a work-in-prog shot to whet our appetites and put "coming soon, the <name>".

i think ALL ship OXPs should have screenshots of what they actually look like, saves having to download, install, wait for one to turn up (unless it's in the start-up parade) and then find you mebbes don't like them.
JohnnyBoy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JohnnyBoy »

Killer Wolf wrote:
"No sparrows"

there's a missile called a Sparrow tho!
Yes, and a spy plane called the "Blackbird".

The British confirm their stereotypical obsession with the weather by giving their warplanes names like "Typhoon" and "Hurricane". Or display a pride for their cities; "Lancaster", "Halifax", "Lincoln", "Milton Keynes". (See if you can spot the bomber name that I made up... :) )
"That's no vicious Treeoid. That's my wife."