Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Mouse in Vista

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

CraZyRha
Poor
Poor

Mouse in Vista

Post by CraZyRha »

Sorry new to the forums and before i ask my probably dumb question id just like to thank you for the game and the work youve put it, amazing is all i can say.

Now down to the stupidness , I have vista (yea i know sigh) are you planning on realeasing a patch or control to allow mouse use in the game on vista, as so far from what i read its only for linux.

Thx in advance for any answers.

CraZy
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

What happens if you run the game in fullscreen and press Shift+M? ;-)
CraZyRha
Poor
Poor

Post by CraZyRha »

Not tried it in full screen playing it windowed at the moment will try that. But in Windowed nothing happens.

thx
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

I use a vista 32 bit ultimate... the mouse is working here...

what brand and kind is your mouse ?
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
CraZyRha
Poor
Poor

Post by CraZyRha »

Hmm think people are misunderstanding me, i want to fly using mouse, i have normal mouse during docking phase or to selct my destination etc in charts, but using the mouse during flihgt is what i wondered about, as it just sits on the screen i can move it but it doesnt affect the screen when flying.

And to answer the above questoner its a logitech g7 version 2 the new black one had it imported from the states since it seems uk companys dont wanna stock it for some reason.

CraZy
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

CraZyRha wrote:
Hmm think people are misunderstanding me, i want to fly using mouse, i have normal mouse during docking phase or to selct my destination etc in charts, but using the mouse during flihgt is what i wondered about, as it just sits on the screen i can move it but it doesnt affect the screen when flying.

And to answer the above questoner its a logitech g7 version 2 the new black one had it imported from the states since it seems uk companys dont wanna stock it for some reason.

CraZy
you are in luck... the same kind as mine... not sure about the version though... but that is cosmetics... love the dib buttons :-P....

Works fine here... you need to be playing in full screen though for this to work...

what i did exactly

started in a windows... launched... didnt work, this makes sense though as windows will retain controle of the mouse shown by the cursor....

Went into game options (press p, then f2) to bring up the menu
then select play in full screen...

Then pressed p again to leave the menu, then i pressed left shift+m at the same time... and it worked...

notice you need to be flying at the time.. will not work when docked...

i have the the logitech software installed also version 4.60.122
that version number is read by going into the tools section..

i´m guessing it is being called tools, since my version is danish... and in my langauge it read tools...
Bounty Scanner
Number 935