Roll is now Yaw?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

cdrjameson
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Roll is now Yaw?

Post by cdrjameson »

I have recently found this fantastic game, and was enjoying playing it as an elite-clone with the old elite controls; which I think are pretty much hard wired into my brain!!

Anyway, recently upgraded to 1.71.2 from 1.65 and my roll control is now a yaw control. This is proving far too difficult for my fingers and brain to deal with, targets now start scooting off the screen as soon as I try to follow them, and don't even ask about docking!

Has anyone had the same problem and found a solution or just know of a solution. I have edited the keyconfig.plist file to match my preferences but cant find reference to yaw.

This game is now pretty much unplayable owing to many years of rolling in elite, and my brain cannot possibly retrain itself, please help.
cdrjameson
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

ok i'm an idiot!

Post by cdrjameson »

Just had a dig around in the new keycongig.plist and its all their for me to fiddle with, Im now going to try a clean install of 1.71.2 and start from there. dont reply unless you think I need more help!

Its all sorted now, sorry for being a pest!
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: ok i'm an idiot!

Post by FSOneblin »

cdrjameson wrote:

Its all sorted now, sorry for being a pest!
You were not a pest, don't worry. And welcome to the boards, they are the friendliest at this side of some planet that starts with an r. you need no more help, just thought I would welcome you.

Don't Panic: FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Hi cdrjameson (hm, where have I heard that name before :D ), and welcome to the boards and of course to this great game! :D

Glad that you already found the answer. A lot of information for beginners (or old Elite-acquaintances who get back to Oolite) can be found in the Oolite-section of the Elite wiki. The main page entertains direct links to the most important documents, like the Oolite-FAQ, the Instruction Manual, informations on the available ships, stations and equipment, everything about the exciting OXPs, background information about the Powers & Organisations in the Ooniverse; and there is also a document with everything you have to know about reconfiguring your key controls.