planet on a plane!

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

planet on a plane!

Post by FSOneblin »

Zaenze and Lazaso are on to of each-other, and I can only get to Zaenze. I think this has been brought up before, but I can't find the topic to ask/see how to fix this. If I can fix this, someone please tell me how to, I have some platinum to deliver.

Don't Panic: FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

Search for the system's name in the galaxy map and it should target it for you.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Ahruman also suggested clicking or double-clicking repeatedly on the system should get it to toggle between them, if using the "Find system" function doesn't work. The thread is here.
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

Disembodied wrote:
Ahruman also suggested clicking or double-clicking repeatedly on the system should get it to toggle between them, if using the "Find system" function doesn't work. The thread is here.

Thank you! I will try that. Well, I have some golf to play soon, so

Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

I don't think that works, I've did that for 20 minutes strait, and if I click too fast, I get the planet info. In the next version, you might want to have planets like that moved slightly so that they are not on top of each-other. I don't think that is possable, so you might want contracts to not go to them.
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

i cant select it either.

I tried to look into if we could move the one of the planets by script, however that is not a possibility... infact planet posistions are used as an identifier when making specific changes to planet info and so on.

We can however afai can tell, change the System name, thus maybe triggering a contract payout when you dock in said system, however we need a way to determine what system the player wants to dock in...

but its clearly a bug...
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

grrr.. how can i possibly click submit twice in less than a 100th of a second..

double post
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: planet on a plane!

Post by Eric Walch »

FSOneblin wrote:
Zaenze and Lazaso are on to of each-other, and I can only get to Zaenze. I think this has been brought up before, but I can't find the topic to ask/see how to fix this. If I can fix this, someone please tell me how to, I have some platinum to deliver.
According to the 1.65 manual a bug was fixed so you can now jump between overlapping systems.
I remember I had also problems with older Oolite versions but with the current versions after 1.65 I had never problems. Either type in the name or click with the mouse. Mouse clicking does work well on a mac, but typing in the name in he find menu should work on every system.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

I have readded the v1.65 code to the current SVN, so that choosing overlapping systems in the two chart screens is now possible. Clicking the mouse slightly above the overlap will select one system and clicking slightly below will select the other. However, it is still not perfect (neither was it in v1.65), because the selection is reset when you go to the F5 screen. The recommended method for travelling to overlapping systems is as follows:

Click the overlap as explained above so that the system you want is highlighted. Without going to F5 screen just launch and hyperspace. This should get you to where you want to go. Of course, all this is for after v1.72.
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

Ok, I'm just glad that this will be fixed in the future. for now, this contract is failed. What is the best price platinum sell for? I might make my money back that way...

Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

FSOneblin wrote:
Ok, I'm just glad that this will be fixed in the future. for now, this contract is failed. What is the best price platinum sell for? I might make my money back that way...
As a rule I only sell it at 80 cr. These occasions are rare however and you probably have a lot to sell. It will take a while when selling in portions of only 127 kg. You probably have to accept lower offers or it could take ages before have sold it. That is the market: When supply is large, prises drop.

In real live I also buy/sell gold/platinum. For the current exchange rate of 1 kg of gold you can buy about 5 to 10 tons of bread in Holland. Hmm. this is about the average Oolite exchange rate gold/food. Gold seems to have a very stable value in the Ooniversum.