energy unit

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

It has been done. The Thargoid Plans script now removes the standard energy unit (damaged or not) before awarding the naval one.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Additionally, I intend to make it impossible to add an equipment item in violation of a restriction (currently, restrictions are only enforced when shopping). For reference, the available restrictions are:
  • requires_empty_pylon (implied by name ending in MISSILE or MINE)
  • requires_mounted_pylon (for missile removal)
  • requires_cargo_space
  • requires_equipment
  • incompatible_with_equipment
  • requires_clean (clean legal rating, that is)
  • requires_not_clean
These explicit restrictions were added around 1.70.

A clarification: incompatible_with_equipment is a one-way relationship. To make two items mutually incompatible, incompatible_with_equipment must be set for both. (This is not the case for the energy units in 1.71.) In 1.71, incompatible_with_equipment and requires_equipment take a string specifying one equipment item, but they really ought to allow an array of items as well.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Further clarification: my mistake, requires_equipment and incompatible_with_equipment can already be used with arrays.
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

Ok, an energy unit related problem again. My navel broke. Well, I was in a TL 13 system at the time. I can't find the navel on the wiki. But all I got from that ship equipment shop was an option to repair the normal one. I still have my broken one. Is this normal and I should go to a 14-15 TL or should I talk to the talk to the store manager? Tell him about what I could do to that star.

Don't Panic: FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

FSOneblin wrote:
Ok, an energy unit related problem again. My navel broke. Well, I was in a TL 13 system at the time. I can't find the navel on the wiki. But all I got from that ship equipment shop was an option to repair the normal one. I still have my broken one. Is this normal and I should go to a 14-15 TL or should I talk to the talk to the store manager? Tell him about what I could do to that star.
A few weeks ago also my naval stopped working after combat. But if that one is defect, you also have no normal one. I didn't dare to buy the normal one because I was afraid the defect naval one would be removed in the process. I had to fly around several days with strongly reduced energy. I noticed a repair was offered at last. Don't remember the level but it was one higher than I would have thought.

I'ts not in the wiki because it is a supplementary one from a mission.
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

Ok, It's a Tl 15 system that I need to go to. Or oolite hates me.

Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

Ok, Now I really want to kill something. :idea: I know, The ants in my bathroom! Any way, I am not getting the button to repair my navel energy unit. When I Repair my normal energy unit, I do not get the option to Buy a new Navel, and when I buy a new ship, too. I think I should go talk to the management.

Me: Hello, I am Commander Ben Richdiet. I have gotten a good realation ship with the navey, and I once Got a navel energy unit. but it broke, as did my standard One. On my ships computer, I noticed That you gave me the option to repear the standered one, but not my navel one.
Him: Oh, yes, I have one navel err... how do you humans say it? A replacement navel energy unit.
Me: Could you use it to replace mine?
Him: Do You have a navy certificate to carry one?
**shows proof**
Him: Ok, you have valid proof. We will not put one on.
Me: (I am getting really mad here) Why not?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Him: Calm down. Your mother.
Me: What The heck did you say!?!?!
Him: (he Pulls his kill-oo-zap gun out) You humans say your mother when one gets mad, I thought it might help you calm down.

Then he tried to shoot me, but I ducked and he hit the wall, destroying it, and he destroyed the last replacement. He also got arrested. For, you know, Damaging galcop property. And trying to kill me.

Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
dalek501
Deadly
Deadly

Post by dalek501 »

I too have just finished Thargoid Plans and now I have both energy units. I'm using the latest test release 1.71.2? Should I worry about it?