Problem with the Black Monk Monastary

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Ohhhh, damn you! :( You've just gave me a nostalgia attack...

My two all-time most marking sci-fi images were Star Wars' Bespin and the Ajax fighting the hawkmen... Then there was my Lothlorien, which was pretty much modelled after Prince Barin's tree city (though the creative process was the opposite).

All in all, it was one of my favourite films since when I was, what, 10?... And of course, Queen's well-placed music only made it ten times more exciting.

(For you young whippersnappers out there, do watch "Flash Gordon" if you can. You won't regret it.)
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

ClymAngus wrote:
(Hmm nice hud in the first 10 seconds, I might have to make me one of those)
You are going to hate it, to much obstructing your view... when you track target..
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Frame wrote:
ClymAngus wrote:
(Hmm nice hud in the first 10 seconds, I might have to make me one of those)
You are going to hate it, to much obstructing your view... when you track target..
Oh, I realise it's an exercise in futility, but then so would be slapping a Millennium Falcon hud in front of the screen. It's the programming equivilent of navel lint. Pick it out, look at it, throw it away. Still it relaxes the mind to engineer a one trick pony from time to time.

Never underestimate the power of the pointless.
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

ClymAngus wrote:
Oh, I realise it's an exercise in futility, but then so would be slapping a Millennium Falcon hud in front of the screen. It's the programming equivilent of navel lint. Pick it out, look at it, throw it away. Still it relaxes the mind to engineer a one trick pony from time to time.

Never underestimate the power of the pointless.
indeed!!!! like argueing with your fellow co-workers, nobody is wrong, everybody has it right, but you want to scream at some of them. you are wrong wrong wrong... ;-)

but that and argueing with them, would be pointless...
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Frame wrote:
indeed!!!! like argueing with your fellow co-workers, nobody is wrong, everybody has it right, but you want to scream at some of them. you are wrong wrong wrong... ;-)

but that and argueing with them, would be pointless...
I will clarify, everyone likes cool sh*t. The problem with cool sh*t is half the time it's impractical, a quarter of the time it's cumbersome but liveable with and a quarter of the time it's cool, practical and some old fart has spend the better part of four decades making sure it's both of the above.

Flash gordon hud and millenium falcon hud fall into the first. Cool but impractical catagory. No reason why people shouldn't take them for a spin. As a CJ.

Sorry this is a bit of an off topic threadjack.