Oolite Shipyards Extension V1.0 Development

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Yeah, the Fighter Hud MkII has been my hud for quite a while now - I think it`s the best :D
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Another triplet of screenshots:

Police fleet on its way to the planet ...

... one of Charlie`s Condors in deep space ...

... and a Navy Constitution, the (as yet) most powerful ship in Oolite, in an epic battle ...

Enjoy 8)

L
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

That Condor is something else!

What was the Constitution fighting?

More! More!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

What was the Constitution fighting?
I think it had somehow fallen into the wrong hands (those pirates make raids now, they say) and a police fleet was on its way to stop this pirate supercarrier ...

You can actually see the rocket launchers of the Constitution firing a long row of missiles at the police, and the police firing rockets back (the light blue line on the scanner).

I didn`t stay around until the fugitive Constitution had obliterated the police fleet (as it probably did), lest it might turn on me and ... :(

If you or someone else finds & likes pics like that, again, feel free to publish them here ...

:)

L
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
That Condor is something else!
i say that it is heavely inspired by the Discovery One, from the movie a space oddessy 2001

While its glowing front circle at the front reminds me of the torpedo launcher from a Klingon D7-Battlecruiser.. i been trying to find some pictures of it while being lit in a red light.

But failed because of all the useless junk in regard to the star trek franchise.

But i have a clear memory of it from the Star Trek movie Undiscoverd Country
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Klingon battle cruisers front photon torpedo port generally glows red just prior to launching a torpedo (as in the first movie when they're firing on the V'ger) and like you say - Undiscovered Country or even <shudders> Generations
Selezen wrote:
Stromboli
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Stromboli »

I had a run in with a small Navy battlegroup, after coming out of a witchspace jump.

I also managed to scoop up a wayward Admiral on my way to the station, and raked in 2500 credits for it! Arrr!
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Frame wrote:
While its glowing front circle at the front reminds me of the torpedo launcher from a Klingon D7-Battlecruiser.. i been trying to find some pictures of it while being lit in a red light.

But failed because of all the useless junk in regard to the star trek franchise.

But i have a clear memory of it from the Star Trek movie Undiscoverd Country
There was no D7 in The Undiscovered Country. There was the IKS Kronos One (K't'inga class), and an unnamed Bird-of-Prey, modified with the ability to fire while cloaked, at which point it looked like this.

Oh dear, I can’t believe I’m geeking this. In my defense, I’ve recently watched all the films. Some of them for the first time, even. :-)
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Frame wrote:
No red lights on the D7 - its photon torpedoes' signature was green.Image

Compare to the K't'inga class
and the Bird of Pray

I couldn't find a Class 5 firing torpedoes, nor for the Vor'cha class - but IIRC at least the latter also fired in green.
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

My Ertl model Vorcha is red at the front where the torpedoes would be launched (not saying this is right) but that was the colour of the translucent plastic I then backlit with LEDs
Selezen wrote:
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Ahruman wrote:
Oh dear, I can’t believe I’m geeking this. In my defense, I’ve recently watched all the films. Some of them for the first time, even. :-)
:lol:

Cool ship pics assembling in this thread! (Did I already mention that the next big version of RS will be named "Oolite Ships Extension V1.0" and have 4500 ships in it?) :P

And Ahruman: Welcome back! :)
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Lestradae wrote:
the next big version of RS will be named "Oolite Ships Extension V1.0" and have 4500 ships in it?
Please don't take offence with my comment, this is NOT an attack.

Is your ego ready yet?

OK, here it goes:

Are you trying to make it unusable even by machines with 2Gb RAM? :roll:
Why don't you do something like YAH and split them into smaller packages.
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Cmdr Maegil is right, it would be a speed killer and computer stuffer, only those people who can afford a robot projector would have a pc fast enough.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Amen Brick
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Amen Brick »

Ok, just updating here in case people read this thread first. Pirate Clan One has morphed into Amen Brick's Pirate Clan One: The Blitzspears and is now on the wiki and in my sig. Yay! Sorry again about the confusion, I ran out of genius for a moment when it came to the name of the mod. :)

I believe the dload prob mentioned elsewhere was caused by a wifi connex + non-interruptable download thing on that poster's comp and shouldn't cause others a problem.

I have (hope L doesnt mind) amended the name of my mod in the RS wiki section to stop further confusion.

Oh, and because I haven't yet. Thanks to L for making my mod a must have. Mucho appreciatio. :)
Stromboli
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Stromboli »

I'd be willing to contribute models to a project, though I'd need to get some inspiration first. These low poly jobs are easy! :razz:
Space Pirate, and a proud Mac Us-arrr!