Ionics problem (spoilers)

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

dalek501
Deadly
Deadly

Ionics problem (spoilers)

Post by dalek501 »

I have Ionics version 1.2.1 and may be having a problem with it. I am at the second part of the mission (after the first package part). When arriving back at Zaria I an faced with a load of ships some of which fire at me but have a status of clean. If I kill these with the police around I get attacked myself by the police.

Is that right? There doesn't seem to be any clear indication of exactly what I'm supposed to be killing at this point. I can see one big flattish ship and some others marked RLF I think. But they seem to float about not doing much at all!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

You are fighting with the Rebels against a govenment which (although brutal) is recognised by GalCorp as the lawful local govenment, so picking up some offender tags may be necessary in the cause. Robin Hood and the Sheriff's men if you like. :wink:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

When you get back to the link base, they will fuel up your ship, give you missiles, and clear your legal status, all for free. Good deal.

Don't Panic: FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
dalek501
Deadly
Deadly

Post by dalek501 »

OK I think I see!

And having played it a bit more since my post... is there any tactic against the other ships just ramming me to death?! If I run away I don't seem to be involved and when I get back the big flat ship has gone.
dalek501
Deadly
Deadly

Post by dalek501 »

Well, I have given it some more time, and I have managed to complete the bit I was stuck on and now the next bit! Thanks for the advice.