My other OXP - Capital Ships

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

@ daddyhoggy And master Lestradae: dark lord of the shipyard: Hey Listen! I'm in my early teens and I love oolite!

@ *cat You, You, You should die a cruel, painful, Death! Earth is real! I was born on it! It's under corenteen because of the common cold! I was smuggled out at age 4! First the idiots at Tibedied Thought I was a demon because I had moth wings and antini (I'm A little bit native titanian [from the moon of saturn, titan]) and tried to kill me, I snuck on a Space ship, A vary rusty python, Full of trumbles, The caption was a cat, he sold me as a slave. For the next 6 years, I was a slave to a cruel man. At age 10, I killed him! With worm keys! There was blood, on my hands! Then I went to the lave station, I told someone about my life, And he adopted me. For the next ten years I was a navigator. At age 20, I went to the lave academy, And now, here I am, still looking for the person that sold me as a slave...

Don't Panic: FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

Me likes the biodome. keep the rusty 'guts' they give it character.
Also you can just poke them into existing stations as subetities. :D

You might want to talk to Griff about shaders, maybe something can be done to make the windows partly see-through...Although that means you'd have to add interior features and that can suck up major time.
Riding the Rocket!
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Nice and fresh!

I also thought of a large hub station for large ships that cannot dock in a normal Coriolis. Imagine it works like an airport gate system. So when a ship comes near this station an arm extends out of the station which are the gates. But I doubt this is possible.

Can you also model a Coriolis Factory to be placed at Vetice? :wink:
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Amen Brick
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Amen Brick »

Well I finished the lifter model and (at last!) the cargo ship, which I'lll post later. Didnt get to do the dat models as I MUST REMEMBER NOT TO COPY THE PYTHON FILES! Doh! Now I have to download them again, and have no internet connex at home (hence the slow progress).

I'd like the windows see through. I'm going to spend a couple of days poking through other oxps for ideas.

til later.
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

I love those designs - totally fresh and different. The lifter seems a bit of a copout after the elegance and grace of the others though.

Oh, a little Wings hint for you - don't put any spaces in the path names and files names for the folders you are developing in. If you have spaces then Wings seems to default to an 8.3 namespace, so your files end up opening with names like PRIVAT~.WIN instead of "Private Yacht.wings". If you then save the file it will retain that 8.3 name, losing your original filename. Just an FYI - I lost a few files because of that...

That yacht looks lovely though. The battleship looks the business too. What's your poly count on these?
Amen Brick
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Amen Brick »

Yeah, I learnt that with one of my simple models (and the Yacht was renamed). :)

The Superlifter wasnt finished, I just wanted it for completeness and I went for a simple 'form following function'. It is only a tug after all. :) Maybe a tweak or two before the completion, then. :D.

Finished (?) Superlifter

When I master subentities, I may make the small arms separate so the can move independently.

Supercargo ship

Happy with shape, more to do on the texture.

Oh, and I may make the Shipyard an Independent OXP as it could branch off quite interestingly (unfinished ships, docking, missions, etc).
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

"How is my Pirating? Call: 0889 Boom Boom"

i didn't know Basil Brush was a pirate. :-D

i'll get me coat.
Amen Brick
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Amen Brick »

First pass at a turret. May give it a mushroom root if it doesn't take me over the vertices/face limit.

Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Heh - looks like a space helmet with guns sticking out of it.

Now I'm getting ideas for huge space robots with guns in thier heads.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

One issue, though: All guns in Oolite fire along their z-axis. So you probably should consider turning your model around 90 degrees.
Amen Brick
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Amen Brick »

Oh, ok.

My pet idea is humans outside ships, but with such low face and vert numbers, probably not possible.
ovvldc
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ovvldc »

Well, you do not have to worry about the face. Just a groovy helmet :).

However, I wonder why you would want to make a turret so complicated in terms of vertices. Something slightly more clunky or angled could save so much computation...

Best wishes,
Oscar
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

Amen Brick wrote:
Oh, ok.

My pet idea is humans outside ships, but with such low face and vert numbers, probably not possible.

That's called species trafficking. It is highly frowned upon. You should stay away form galaxy 4, pal.

Panic: FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

FSOneblin wrote:
@ *cat You, You, You should die a cruel, painful, Death! Earth is real! I was born on it! It's under corenteen because of the common cold! I was smuggled out at age 4! First the idiots at Tibedied Thought I was a demon because I had moth wings and antini (I'm A little bit native titanian [from the moon of saturn, titan]) and tried to kill me, I snuck on a Space ship, A vary rusty python, Full of trumbles, The caption was a cat, he sold me as a slave.
Be warned, that's slander!
Sooit, Faykit Charjit and Wrun, Solicitors wrote:
This is an Order to Rescind Statements of a Slanderous and/or of a Nature to Cause Damage to Character (GCW Galactic Convention 12, Section 6, Subsection 42).
Hesperus Trading and Hauling Inc. does not, has never, and will never trade in slaves of any species or genotype. Captain Hesperus is firmly adverse to the concept and practice of slavery in all its forms. Indeed, he has asked us to draw to you attention the fact that 1) Hesperus Trading and Hauling Inc. has been in business for only 4 years and 2) prior to that, the Captain was in service to the GalCop Penal System for a period of 15 years (with a short 18 month period of liberty between the first ten and last 5 years) and 3) prior to this time Captain Hesperus was the registered pilot/owner of a Cobra Mark III trade vessel, Galactic Co-operative Registry VL-236 "Impounded Junkheap", one of a line of 15 similar vessels. It was not until he had been released from GalPen One that he purchased his present vessel, a Python class trade vessel, Galactic Cooperative Registry DP-099 "Dubious Profit". These facts as evidenced by the Captain's Galactic Cooperative Biographical Entry are at odds with your statement as given above. We at SFC&W will be happy to review any evidence you have regarding the matter of your wrongful incarceration and subsequent, highly illegal sale to other parties in regard to the proper allocation of culpability on the part of those responsible. We do, however, strongly urge you to desist in attempting to defame our client, Captain Hesperus, his ship and trade, or steps may be undertaken through legal means against you.
Yours,
J. Sooit
Solicitor
So, nyahhh!

;)

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

@Cap'n H - you are a word smith and a half - genius! :lol:

(will now and go and get some tissue to mop up the red wine I've just spayed onto the screen*)

*What a waste - you'll be hearing from my solicitors...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here