Missiles & Bombs & advanced space compass in V1.71.2

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

GothStag
Dangerous
Dangerous

Missiles & Bombs & advanced space compass in V1.71.2

Post by GothStag »

I've got the missiles & bombs folder oxp loaded in AddOns. Do I need to take the various sub folders out into AddOns to get then to work?

The advance space compass button '\' does not seem to work either. Does it work in v1.71.2?

Any advice would be gratefully received.
In memory of ma homey H-Dog.
Krunchin tha numbaz with tha Angels.

http://www.midstateoffice.com/index.php
dalek501
Deadly
Deadly

Post by dalek501 »

I had that problem with the Advanced Space Compass. I found out in the end the key is actually "#".

In fact would it be a good idea to update the PDF that comes with Oolite as I have found a few keys that are different to the one that currently comes with it? Also I think there are a few that could be added, such as the keys for selecting your cargo before ejecting it. I'm not sure what keys it is to do that but I have heard you can.

Not sure on the oxp thing, I don't have that one installed. But I was thinking about it! Let me know if its useful!
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

It is not really a problem with the keys mentioned in the PDF, although it is true that it could be updated to include some more recent additions. The Advanced Compass key is still '\'. The issue here is that English layout keyboards are different to American layout ones. People who get the '#' key for the compass have 99.9% English keyboard layouts. Other localized keyboards might have variants of this issue.
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

yeah the danish layout, its the
' key

that little sign we do not use alot, while if you use shift, you get the * sign...

it is just a matter of pressing all ya buttons and note if anything happens...

Works for me... ;-)
Bounty Scanner
Number 935