Double misjump?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Double misjump?

Post by Cmdr James »

Im not sure what the correct (expected) behviour is. If I force a misjump, I get the usual thargoid attack thing. If I jump from there and force another misjump, then I get things like salvage gangs in interstellar space. And generally a huge lot more ships than during the first misjump.

Is this an OXP problem, or is something else going on?

Also after the second misjump, I dont seem to have enough fuel to get home, whereas normally after the first I do.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Re: Double misjump?

Post by Svengali »

Cmdr James wrote:
Also after the second misjump, I dont seem to have enough fuel to get home, whereas normally after the first I do.
Isn't there always a chance of losing fuel? I've had this a few times on the 1 misjump.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Well, the current trunk seems to avoid the problem since forcing a misjump isn’t working at all. Whee.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

That's funny, I tried it just now with current trunk and I had no problems forcing a misjump. Full pitch up on countdown zero worked as always.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Hmm, works now. Double and triple misjumps lead me to normal interstallar space.

I did notice that system attributes like government and economy retain the values from the last visited system when in interstellar space. It seems to me that they should have special values (-1 for numerical values, "N/A" for description strings). Thoughts?
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Disable the F7 screen immediately after a misjump, until a system is specifically targeted?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Usually your current target system (the one you wanted to jump to, when the misjump occured) should stay the target system even after several consecutive misjumps. So it should be the one displayed on the F7-screen.

If it currently does not remain the target system, that is the bug.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

another_commander wrote:
Disable the F7 screen immediately after a misjump, until a system is specifically targeted?
Actually, it was the script variables I was thinking of. (It may have been the target system’s values rather than the last visited.)
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Oh, script variables, I see. Yes, in this case I think it makes sense to have special values for system attributes when in interstellar space.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

OK.

In connection with this change, I’m making a few calculations (fine chance, fine level, scooped player rewards) treat interstellar space as Feudal. I’m assuming any station in interstellar space will be military and not interested in especially high rewards or civilian-type police work.

Edit: the following system properties will be changed in interstellar space in 1.72:
  • description: “N/A”
  • economy: -1
  • economyDescription: “N/A”
  • government: -1
  • governmentDescription: “N/A”
  • inhabitants: 0
  • population: 0
  • productivity: 0
  • techLevel: -1
These values will also be provided by the internal method currentSystemData as applicable. name will continue to be “Interstellar space”, but will be localizable. Yay.