Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Realistic Shipyards V3.02 in development

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Star Gazer wrote:
Is this oxp in some way responsible for adding all the irritating boy racers that proceed to attack your spaceship as you emerge from the station and attempt to enter witch-space, whilst insulting you...??

They are really starting to annoy me... :x
Hmmm, that sounds a lot like the Tiger Gang from Hotrods! Kids nowadays, no respect for their elders... ;)

If that's the case they'll stop hassling you after a few - ok, between 5 & 10 - times. Honest!
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Work on V3.02 has started

Post by Lestradae »

Hi,

I have started work on version 3.02 of the Realistic Shipyards to correct some issues that have come up.

The planned changes from 3.01 to 3.02 so far are:

1) Change Lampyris Data (Error in Max Cargo -> Error in TL & pricing).

2) Graphics problem with Urutu MkIII, Tribant Trader & Leviathan (Juggernaut?), not sure if RS responsible. Possible cause: Models/textures with same name.

3) Grass Snake has exhaust position bizarrely placed.

4) Look into roles and scan_class exhaustively to be sure no weird behaviour ensues. Make like ship clone entries for too-different roles & dole out nescessary equipment for them.

5) SWATCondorAI.plist has a problem, perhaps with a too-old command.

6) FueltankAI.plist has a deprecated command: scriptActionOnTarget, will change that.

7) Change gigantic ship`s behaviour so that no more suicide dockings happen. Look into shuttle role as potential problem for carrier ships, perhaps remove? Other solution?

If someone has specific, additional information about something that doesn`t work as intended please post it here and I will look into the matter. It would be most appreciated! :)

While doing so, please remember to stay polite.

By the way, either someone with a really deep love for Realistic Shipyards has started to play around with the download button so as to make it impossible for me to publish those annoying "so many people have downloaded Realistic Shipyards" reports or they have been downloaded about 400 times this night.

If it is the former, come off of it. I just can`t believe infantilism can reach such a scale if that should be the case. :x

Before that, in the first 13 days of them being online, the Realistic Shipyards V3.01 have been downloaded beyond 160 times. 8)

:idea:

L
Commander Mysenses
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Devon, a backward little planet scourged by evil weather

Post by Commander Mysenses »

Will you be fixing the erm... less megalomaniac... (ahem) versions, v.1 and v.2?

Personally not crazy about way it has developed away from it's original brief... but whatever floats your boat.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Work on V3.02 has started

Post by Kaks »

Lestradae wrote:
7) Change gigantic ship`s behaviour so that no more suicide dockings happen. Look into shuttle role as potential problem for carrier ships, perhaps remove? Other solution?
I vote for removing the shuttle role. I don't really think there's any other solution to that - more than potential - problem.
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Will you be fixing the erm... less megalomaniac... (ahem) versions, v.1 and v.2?
As Ahruman has created two new types of override.plist, obviously (amongst other things) with that possibility in mind, I will very probably do so when Oolite 1.72 comes out (which will have those plist options in-built, Oolite 1.71.2 does not yet have them as far as I know).

Also, there are quite a few people who asked me to do it.
Lestradae wrote:

Kaks wrote:

I vote for removing the shuttle role. I don't really think there's any other solution to that - more than potential - problem.
After a very extensive explanation by LittleBear regarding all roles except the police one I also think that removing the shuttle role from all ships that are too big will have to be the way to go, as ships with the role shuttle always seem to run and be rather cowardly, which doesn`t make sense with too big or too strong ships.

I have asked LittleBear if I could put his impromptu roles explanation on the wiki, as the documentation about how roles work in Oolite there is sadly lacking at the moment. Have a look here:

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Shipdata.plist#roles

... and here:

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Role

If Little Bear says yes, I would add his explanation to the second wiki stub.

And ...
whatever floats your boat
Exactly!

Cheers

L
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Download stats after 20 days

Post by Lestradae »

A new download update (and absolutely shameless pimping of my own oxp):

Yay! The Realistic Shipyards V3.01 have been downloaded more than 200 times in the first 20 days of its availability! :) (That number has not been too easy to acquire due to some ... technical hiccups ... but are a reasonable assumption based on the download statistics distributions since April 28th when V3.01 went first online)

Please note that this oxp, due to its content size, needs a really up-to-date computer configuration (2+ GB RAM, 2+ GHz dual-core and good graphics card are strongly recommended if you don`t want to experience unwanted stop-and-go traffic!).

There are also a few bug issues that have come up, which will be fixed for a future V3.02 when Oolite 1.72 comes out.

Due to not too-few requests, there will very probably also be a new Strict version (V1.09) then, which will only change ship prices and TLs for existing ship packs without any of the (many) additional features of the 3.X versions involved.

Have fun with Oolite everyone,

L
Star Gazer
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: North Norfolk, UK, (Average Agricultural, Feudal States,Tech Level 8)

Post by Star Gazer »

One small problem is the 'Witchspace Lobster Worshipper'!

If this ship occurs for sale in a shipyard, the name is so long that it overlaps the display of the price! ...which is very messy...!!
Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my clothes...
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

'Witchspace Lobster Worshipper'!

If this ship occurs for sale in a shipyard, the name is so long that it overlaps the display of the price!
Noted ... will create a shortcut name for the player version.

Any abbreviation suggestions?
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

How about "Holy Deca-Pod"?
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

How about "Holy Deca-Pod"?
:lol:

"Holy Deca-Pod" it`s going to be, then.
krombart
Competent
Competent

Post by krombart »

There have been several problems with upper case and lowercase names in Realistic Shipyards V3.01

spear_Top.png should be available as spear_top.png too
const.png CONST.png and CONST.PNG are demaned by oolite
same for orb.png
starhawk_auv.png has some problems too.

For me I always copied the file to the new name, so oolite finds it in every spelling.

The model of the oresian trader seems to have this spelling problems too, but the message scrolled away, my oolite simply didn't find the model.

-------------NEW----------------
Starseeker_wings.png should be available as StarSeeker_wings.png too
Last edited by krombart on Sat May 24, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Hi krombart,

thanks for notifying me of the upper case and lowercase names problem.

May I ask which operating system you are running on? Because I use Vista, and there the case sensitivity doesn`t seem to be so sensitive ...

Anyways, your findings are on the to-do list for 3.02.

Have fun 8)

L
krombart
Competent
Competent

Post by krombart »

I use debian linux kernel 2.6.25.4 with oolite 1.71.2 from autopackage
krombart
Competent
Competent

Post by krombart »

Zzzz Realistic Shipyards V3.01.oxp/AIs/SwatCondorAI.plist
line 43 column 86 87 there seems to be a " missing.
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

good eyes. *squints* ^^
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.