Docking-slit and turrets v1.71

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Svengali
Commander
Commander

Docking-slit and turrets v1.71

Post by Svengali »

Since v1.71 there is a problem with the docking slit and turrets (at least on stations). If 'initialiseTurrets' is executed something goes wrong with the docking-slit. Maybe related to the changed hierarchical structure, but Oolite switches between the 'real' docking-slit and the turrets and places the docking-slit on it's position.

So a player (NPCs too, I think) can't dock at the station - or needs luck.

see:
pic with initialiseTurret
pic without initialiseTurret
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Since v1.71 there is a problem with the docking slit and turrets (at least on stations). If 'initialiseTurrets' is executed something goes wrong with the docking-slit.
Hi Svengali,

I am on a bug-hunt concerning the behemoth model which I use which suddenly has a graphics error which turns the docking slit around and scrambles the whole model.

I was assuming that some model or texture named the same was the culprit, but could it be that this is the reason?
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

I just tested the two Behemot models on a mac with 1.71. I see no problems with the docking bay. Both dock as usual.
But be careful when changing something on this ship. I also made an update to this with the Behemoth spacewars.oxp. (I only gave that oxp a limited lifetime until 1.70). I intend to upload these improvements again and this time included in the Behemoth oxp itself. My improvements were mainly on the AI that was written for an old pre 1.55 oolite. After that I made some other minor adjustments and intend to upload it again for oolite 1.65+

It has intentional no fuel. When it would witch-jump, a copy would be generated at the current witchpoint. And when in hyperspace you see it jumping out and returning at the same time. That looks foolish. There is a new AI command to prevent that, but that would made this classical oxp incompatible with Oolites latest official release 1.65
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Thanks for the Behemoth exploration, is in my notes for RS 3.02, will look into the matter.

PS: Didn`t merge the behemoth oxp, didn`t change anything at the behemoth ... just used its model & textures for the Navy Juggernaut.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Re: ..

Post by Svengali »

Lestradae wrote:
I was assuming that some model or texture named the same was the culprit, but could it be that this is the reason?
Yes. If you comment out the initialiseTurret or the setup_actions everything is fine - but unfortunately it means that the turrets won't work anymore.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Hmm. Svengali mention this as a problem with the Space Bar turrets, but is it really a problem with turrets in general on 1.71.2 ? They need the set-up command to work as turrets. I haven't got round to installing the latest version of Oolite yet, but turrets seem fine on 1.71.1.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

LittleBear wrote:
Hmm. Svengali mention this as a problem with the Space Bar turrets, but is it really a problem with turrets in general on 1.71.2 ? They need the set-up command to work as turrets. I haven't got round to installing the latest version of Oolite yet, but turrets seem fine on 1.71.1.
It's not only the Space Bar. I've tested it with the GRS Factory and the Behemoth too (v1.71.2) - same problem. The docking slit is wandering with the turret and it gets a offset (maybe from the turrets position).
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Annoyingly, this sounds a lot like a bug that was fixed for 1.71.