ECM stuck on launch

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Commander Mysenses
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Devon, a backward little planet scourged by evil weather

ECM stuck on launch

Post by Commander Mysenses »

Anyone else getting this?

v.1.71.1, WinXP
when launching from the space station sometimes my ECM activates and cannot be turned off untill my energy banks are drained.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

I didn't get this, but sometimes my targetting-computer gets auto-activated, so after launching the station buoy gets locked and a missile gets prepared - even if I didn't had it activated when docking.

So one fast finger and the buoy gets lost and my legal status raises. V1.71.1 WinXP
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Can anyone give some more details? I have never seen it and cannot reproduce it. What exactly is that you were doing before the systems autoactivated? If there is a step-by-step way to make the auto-activation happen, it would be interesting to know.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

It is rare, but it happens from time to time if I'll press F1 (or just 1) while launching (while the rings are shown). It is no problem at all, but I was a little bit wondering about it. Currently I'm launching very often, because I'm working on a Oxp together with Eric and that means that I'm sometimes hitting the F1 key more than one time.
BTBC
Above Average
Above Average

Post by BTBC »

I just had the ECM jam on

I died while my ECM was running reloaded my player then when I launched my energy started going down until it reached zero. Then I got the ECM deactivated no more energy message and everything was normal.

I am running version 1.71 on Ubuntu 7.10
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

BTBC wrote:
I just had the ECM jam on

I died while my ECM was running reloaded my player then when I launched my energy started going down until it reached zero. Then I got the ECM deactivated no more energy message and everything was normal.
Confirmed. And fixed. Also fixed is another little bug, where the compass would not reset to basic functionality after a player restart.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Svengali wrote:
I didn't get this, but sometimes my targetting-computer gets auto-activated, so after launching the station buoy gets locked and a missile gets prepared - even if I didn't had it activated when docking.

So one fast finger and the buoy gets lost and my legal status raises. V1.71.1 WinXP
That's fixed, too. It would occur on relaunch whenever the player died with the identification system on.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: ECM stuck on launch

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander Mysenses wrote:
when launching from the space station sometimes my ECM activates and cannot be turned off untill my energy banks are drained.
Yesterday I had something similar for the first time. Probably it is fixed with the same fix as mentioned, but I had the ECM stuck in mid-air while dogfighting and not on launch.

Actually ECM didn't work anymore. On hitting E nothing happened but ECM was not damaged. I only noticed that the first energy bar wasn't filled up complete. (1 mm missing). Only when also my shield became damaged the energy banks started to drain until almost empty. I was waiting for a big blow, but in last second I got a message that ECM was shut of because low energy. Now my banks filled up and everything worked as usual.