'You have scooped a navy officer'???

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Rimbaud
Dangerous
Dangerous

'You have scooped a navy officer'???

Post by Rimbaud »

Hello all

I keep receiving the message 'You have scooped a navy officer' at random times while flying around and even once when docked at a station! When I dock with the station, I then am informed that I have rescued a rear admiral and am awarded 750 Cr.

I have Galactic_Navy.oxp installed so presumably this is to do with it, but surely this is not intended behaviour?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

I think this is just that because an NPC ship has scooped a Naval Officer and the OXP is assuming that YOU did it! One of the interesting things about Oolite is that its not "player-centric". The Game World keeps running (ships docking, flying around fighting scooping etc) even when you are docked. Matt has said he'll add a fix to check whether it was the player or someone else who scooped the pod for the next version. ATM though if an NPC scoops a Naval Officer the OXP assumes you did it, hence the message. Had the same problem with V1.0 of Random Hits, but I used a simple Java Script for Vs 1.1 onwards to set a "whoscooped" variable.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
matt634
Deadly
Deadly

Post by matt634 »

It's all true.
Rimbaud
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Rimbaud »

Nice one. Love those navy ships, but still feel sorry for the Thargoids in Witch space, although as they always end up attacking each other...