Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Screenshots

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

The issue of web sites has been at the back of my mind for a while. Taken it to front of mind, talking about it on developer mailing list for now.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

The issue of web sites has been at the back of my mind for a while. Taken it to front of mind, talking about it on developer mailing list for now.
Why only there and not here?

:?:

L
ovvldc
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ovvldc »

another_commander wrote:
Or, alternatively (and maybe even better), the entire Berlios Oolite homepage could be switched to point to wiki.alioth.net. This should redirect newcomers straight to where the information is.
FWIW, be prepared to lock down editing access to the wiki if you do that. As exposure grows, malicious edits (and bots) tend to grow a lot faster. Though OOlite seems to be sufficiently small now, much more of this prettification will have it break into mainstream someday :).

Best wishes,
Oscar
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Lestradae wrote:
Why only there and not here?
Because getting numerous conflicting suggestions and side-arguments would not be helpful at this point.
Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: A small ice asteroid, orbiting Oresrati in Galaxy 8 (a.k.a. northwest Armorica).

Post by Getafix »

This discussion is getting way off-topic and ruins all the fun (i.e. of drooling on screenshots etc. :)).
Let's continue posting amazing scenes!

Piece, brothers! 8)
"Any sufficiently advanced information is indistinguishable from noise." [Newman, Lachmann, Moore]
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Getafix, derailing threads is standard procedure here, you might want to get used... In fact derailments often end up being as interesting, and some even more fun than the original thread.

This isn't always true, but the good threads always get back on tracks by themselves. Think of it as Darwin in action... :wink:
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

to be fair, the derailments here are pretty minor. I'm on some email only mailing lists and the subject lines might as well just be the date or something it's so completely irrelevant after the first few mails...

I think it's probably a sign of everyone being friendly and nowing each other. The email lists I mentioned have been running more than 10 years and most people on them have got to know many of the members very well IRL. So it's a good thing really :)
The Dreamcatcher
Competent
Competent

Post by The Dreamcatcher »

Sorry for asking what is probably a really stupid question, but how do you turn all the textured stuff on?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

You would find the answer to this question, and to many more questions you could have on the (surprise, surprise) FAQ-page of the wiki.
The Dreamcatcher
Competent
Competent

Post by The Dreamcatcher »

The Dreamcatcher wrote:
Sorry for asking what is a really stupid question, but how do you turn all the textured stuff on?
Yeah, was a bit braindead when I posted that. Apologies for asking something I did actually know the answer to. :oops:
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Anyone with more screenies?
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

we need pics from the GRS buoyRepair.oxp, Svengali & Eric Walch are being a bit shy, if it was me i'd be flooding the boards with glamour shots of the ships & stations from that oxp!
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Griff wrote:
we need pics from the GRS buoyRepair.oxp, Svengali & Eric Walch are being a bit shy, if it was me i'd be flooding the boards with glamour shots of the ships & stations from that oxp!
:D :D :D
We wanted to give the comoonity a little bit time to explore it on their own, but here it comes.

The first is made in combination with the SystemRedux.oxp.
Hope this helps a little bit.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Two more...
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Ooooohhhhh!!! Pretty!... :D

L, you might even consider nicking that ship and C&P the Hognose stuff on it - it seems a shame for such a beautiful model to be in service of just one company. :wink:
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.