MARKETS PRICES HERE

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

pucara
Above Average
Above Average

MARKETS PRICES HERE

Post by pucara »

Hi all, there are a little help for rookys traders, specially for starting game. i hope can help with this.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
pleb87
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by pleb87 »

Umm... what is this exactly supposed to be? Am i being thick, or does anyone else know what this is? :shock:
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

pleb87 wrote:
Umm... what is this exactly supposed to be? Am i being thick, or does anyone else know what this is? :shock:
I think he/she is trying to give us an idea of what the accomodies look like. I don't think he can write (or speak) english vary well. He is just trying to help, so don't be to hard on him (not saying you were being mean, pleb87).

Don't Panic: FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
pleb87
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by pleb87 »

Lol no i wasnt im being lazy because im on my PS3 and i havent got a keyboard for it. But ah i see what it is now, the status bar on my tv is tiny...sorry! :oops:
pucara
Above Average
Above Average

Post by pucara »

im just try help new players to make money, because i think, at start, is some frustrating to make money. With the knowledge of the prices, the new pilots can make they first money too fast, and take way for continue this exelent game.
And yes, i dont student in Oxford School... =P
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

It might be a good idea to start by reading the FAQ, and Mr. Gimlet's rant is also most advisable.
These basics will answer many of your doubts and you'll be better prepared to formulate other questions.
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Hi Pucara and welcome to the Oolite universe, I would also strongly recommend reading the Dark Wheel, the Novella that was distributed with the original Elite game. Oolite is Elite, but with improved graphics and gameplay.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Wiggy
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Wiggy »

pucara wrote:
With the knowledge of the prices, the new pilots can make they first money too fast, and take way for continue this exelent game.
The prices have a random factor, so will not be the same at all times.

Nor do I.
You came in that? You're braver than I thought!
pucara
Above Average
Above Average

Post by pucara »

Wiggy wrote:
pucara wrote:
With the knowledge of the prices, the new pilots can make they first money too fast, and take way for continue this exelent game.
The prices have a random factor, so will not be the same at all times.

Nor do I.
I know, but i think that screenshots are an exelent tool for beginners players for make an initial idea for prices at start.
pucara
Above Average
Above Average

Post by pucara »

TGHC wrote:
Hi Pucara and welcome to the Oolite universe, I would also strongly recommend reading the Dark Wheel, the Novella that was distributed with the original Elite game. Oolite is Elite, but with improved graphics and gameplay.
Thanks for wellcome TGHC, i play Elite for first time in my old Spectrum, about 15 years old, but is a first time than hear about the Dark Wheel, anyone know if that novella are translated to spanish? ( my english is not elite...)
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Try Babelfish, I managed to make it translate the whole thing using the refresh button. Don't know how good or bad the translation is though.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Try to read it in English anyway, once you get caught with the plot the reading will start flowing more easily, and it's excellent practice.

I myself started with public school classes and a one-year subscription of 'Your Sinclair' - I still thank my father for it.
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
pucara
Above Average
Above Average

Post by pucara »

Ill try, thanks both.
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

hey pucura, i think you should now that we can also watch all the girl pictures (given their look they look very young why i write girls)

on your image host site, while they look like something from profiles given look of these...

These may be freinds, what i mean is, you have to be carefull these days. and your freinds might not wish you host their pictures at a fairly public site...

hope you get what i mean...
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

I think the screenshots are a good idea. When you first start you're busy trying to get the last tenth a credit out of each run. Knowing if you're going to make a better profit out of your last 115 credits with 2 more tonnes of machinery or 1 tonne of the more expensive computers is useful to know.