Fiddling with clearskies OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander Mysenses
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Devon, a backward little planet scourged by evil weather

Fiddling with clearskies OXP

Post by Commander Mysenses »

How do you adjust the settings in the clearskies OXP?
I'm sure I read somewhere recently you could improve the darkness issue by editing the plist, but I'm darned if I can find it now (p'raps I dreamt it).

Getting bored of chasing rocket tails and not seeing all those lovely ships before I crash into them! (sucky graphics card)
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

The relevant key is the ambient_level. The usual range is between 0.0 (dark) and 1.0 (bright), but you can set it higher than 1 in order to get more light in your system. For explanation have a look in the planetinfo.plist-documentation in the wiki.
Commander Mysenses
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Devon, a backward little planet scourged by evil weather

Post by Commander Mysenses »

Thanks for that... level 4 lets me see objects.They look a bit daft, but at least I can admire them, whilst I obliterate them... rather than just firing at the blue rocket tails. Now, to get space dust visable, the only time I see it, at all, is if I stare into the sun... and you know what your mother said about that!

(brightness fully up on chuggy old monitor, and I tried pumping up the gamma and brightness with the graphics card controls)